Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#TeamsLikeBrighton goes GLOBAL :clap2::banana::Opunk:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know it's easy to get carried away about it as an Albion fan, but our story really is incredible.

Second bottom in the basement division two seasons in a row, literally minutes away from dropping out of the league altogether. So so close to there being no Albion at all, losing our stadium and become exiled.

But somehow, like a phoenix from the ashes, we somehow find our way back home, albeit a temporary one... and go on to win back to back promotions.

God knows how we did it, but we somehow held our own in the 2nd and 3rd divisions at an athletics track with 3 temporary stands, until finally, after some years of passionate campaining, we found ourselves in a state of the art stadium. A "****ing brilliant" final season in league one saw us into the 2nd division just in time for our new home, and we never looked back.

Now look at us - becoming an established Premier League team, with a squad full of internationals, elite training ground, some of the Premier League's top young talent and a world class manager.

Could we complete our journey by one day qualifying for Europe? I wouldn't hold it against us. But like the very good commentary was saying there - it is the dream and aspirations of competing at the very highest level which makes stories like our possible.

I agree with all this.
I’ve always thought that our story would make a brilliant film in a ‘Brassed off’ sort of way.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Exactly where does Bloom get all this cash from to prop us up?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Brilliant summary and exactly right about the ESL.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bloody hell, what do we have to do to get knowledgeable pundits who have researched and can articulate the history of more than 6 clubs in this country?

A credit to the TV station that they employ someone who knows what they are talking about

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I know it's easy to get carried away about it as an Albion fan, but our story really is incredible.

Second bottom in the basement division two seasons in a row, literally minutes away from dropping out of the league altogether. So so close to there being no Albion at all, losing our stadium and become exiled.

But somehow, like a phoenix from the ashes, we somehow find our way back home, albeit a temporary one... and go on to win back to back promotions.

God knows how we did it, but we somehow held our own in the 2nd and 3rd divisions at an athletics track with 3 temporary stands, until finally, after some years of passionate campaining, we found ourselves in a state of the art stadium. A "****ing brilliant" final season in league one saw us into the 2nd division just in time for our new home, and we never looked back.

Now look at us - becoming an established Premier League team, with a squad full of internationals, elite training ground, some of the Premier League's top young talent and a world class manager.

Could we complete our journey by one day qualifying for Europe? I wouldn't hold it against us. But like the very good commentary was saying there - it is the dream and aspirations of competing at the very highest level which makes stories like our possible.

Meh. The journey will not be over until we are crowned champions of the ESL. I will accept nothing less.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I like Robbie Earle, he seems to know what's what...Robbie Mustoe, not so much. They are a good punditry duo though when watching NBCN(so I'm told)

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Bloody hell, what do we have to do to get knowledgeable pundits who have researched and can articulate the history of more than 6 clubs in this country?

A credit to the TV station that they employ someone who knows what they are talking about

The pundits and coverage that we get here in the States via NBCSN/Peacock is quality. There is a mix of British and Americans that sit on the panel for NBSCN that really know there stuff. (Peacock is their online streaming application).

I was watching yesterday when Earle and Higgenbotham did that piece in the clip, it really is something when I am sat on the West coast of America getting all the games live, and listening to respectful thoughtful and accurate commentaries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here