Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma Shots

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Look, he’s a genius in the midfield, so why do his shots on goal invariably end up in the players car park? Even Martin Tyler commented on it last night.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Rush of blood, lack of composure, poor technique or coaching?
It will hopefully improve as he matures but it may not be while he is with us.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Probably because they clearly don't do shooting practice in training.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's an enormous player for us and is getting better and better, but his shooting is absolutely laughable. Always has been. He uses the 1 or 2 two mega goals he scores as a justification to have wild slashes at the ball for the whole season and I'll be honest, I rarely get excited when he gets ready for his 3rd or 4th blast/slice of the match.

That said, it's not just a Bissouma thing. None of our players can shoot reliably from range except occasionally Trossard.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The free-kick was brilliant, I’m glad they only showed it once, I didn’t think it was even going to stay within the 6yrd box lines before it got a deflection and corner. :lolol:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Since all the moaning on here about our strikers I've watched other prem strikers more closely and apart from the top 10 or so they all seem to be roughly as 'inept' as ours. I believe someone once mentioned that top 10 strikers can be quite expensive. Oh and don't get me on to all the moaning on here earlier in the season about us walking the ball in and not taking the occasioal shot from outside the box.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The free-kick was brilliant, I’m glad they only showed it once, I didn’t think it was even going to stay within the 6yrd box lines before it got a deflection and corner. :lolol:

Tyler said at the time he was going for a corner.

His problem was the goal he scored at Everton...he now thinks he can score long list ante every time he shoots...and he can’t

Excellent midfielder though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Biss, Lua Lua and Knockers all have the same thing in common, when it comes off it looks incredible. But sadly you have to wait all season for one.

How many times did Knockers try that effort he scored against Palace before he finally buried one. I really dont mind them shooting but he needs to seriously improve his composure. Hes not Gerrard Lampard from that distance... Yet.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Look, he’s a genius in the midfield, so why do his shots on goal invariably end up in the players car park? Even Martin Tyler commented on it last night.

Really frustrating.........lost count how many times in the last 3/4 games where I've shouted at the telly DON"T SHOOT !!!!

Though, he has got it in him for sure......Composure required.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Silly comments here.

He quite obviously can hit them.

He presumably does them consistently in training. In a match situation it's a bit different. But they'll come.

He'll score a few more in his time.

Keep hitting them Biss.

Agreed, I'm just glad that somebody actually wants to shoot.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Silly comments here.

He presumably does them consistently in training. In a match situation it's a bit different. But they'll come.

Keep hitting them Biss.

Not silly at all, he can hit them, but they are on target so rarely the percentage thing to do would be to play it wide and get in the box.

Not sure he's thinking too much about the team when he's lining these up. Potter admitted before his brilliant cup goal that he didn't want Biss to shoot.

Interesting point though. Do you ever remember a keeper saving a Biss shot? I can't think of one (though happy to be furnished with examples). They are either miles over or occasionally one will fly in.

Either way, there is no way at all he should be on free kicks. If we're shooting from there, it should be Lewis

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
sssshhhhhh don't bring attention to it. you are dropping his price tag as the clubs start to line up to the till.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Silly comments here.

Keep hitting them Biss.

My first instinct was to disagree with you, as I hate seeing shots blazed over the bar.

But this article on statsbomb from 2014 does statistically back up the theory that shooting from distance is almost the best option.

https://statsbomb.com/2014/02/mythbusting-is-long-range-shooting-a-bad-option/

We just need Bissouma to get his knee over the ball when shooting.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Rush of blood, lack of composure, poor technique or coaching?
It will hopefully improve as he matures but it may not be while he is with us.

lets face it , if he had a shot on him and had scored 15 goals this season he'd have the big boys after him like seagulls after an empty plate at the marina.

perhaps graham will give him some shooting lessons in the off season , i just hope we have another 2 years with him , he's the type of player you can build a team around .......to be brutally honest i don't think a lot of people realise what we've got here , he is the real deal....i love him.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
I'm happy to celebrate the great goals he has scored, and look forward to the improvement he will make, rather than focus on the ones he's missed this season. A bit like Carpenter, Sparrow, Lua Lua and so on. They had an incredible shot on them, but equally could shank it wide.

Given the excellent work he does, how many goals is a reasonable target for Bissouma for a season? Soucek has 9 (a lot from set-pieces) and Maddison has 8 (a completely different type of player). Ward-Prowse with his free-kicks 'only' has 7, and Grealish has 6. So what is reasonable given that list? 3 or 4?

And we have a goalscoring centre-back, so we're doing pretty well in that department.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm happy to celebrate the great goals he has scored, and look forward to the improvement he will make, rather than focus on the ones he's missed this season. A bit like Carpenter, Sparrow, Lua Lua and so on. They had an incredible shot on them, but equally could shank it wide.

Given the excellent work he does, how many goals is a reasonable target for Bissouma for a season? Soucek has 9 (a lot from set-pieces) and Maddison has 8 (a completely different type of player). Ward-Prowse with his free-kicks 'only' has 7, and Grealish has 6. So what is reasonable given that list? 3 or 4?

And we have a goalscoring centre-back, so we're doing pretty well in that department.

Yeh, Biss is more of a number 6 than a number 8, so I look at anything he gets as a bonus. Still don't think he should be pulling the trigger from 25 yards or more though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here