Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saturday 1st May Gameweek - all games 3pm Saturday

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't dare to dream this is accurate, but it seems a bit late for announcing changes for TV - surely this is normally done far earlier?

Anyone know what's going on? Checked the Prem website and has no TV channels listed for the games. Would love to see it - a fantastic old school Match of the Day. We're AT HOME against Leeds.

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Waiting to see if the Big 6 are still in?
Thing is, where is the fan power in getting fixture dates released early enough to sort train tickets etc.
It may be no crowds but it's a bank holiday weekend and I've staff rotas to do. Which day do I need off?
Also, with teams flying in and out on the day, these flights need organising as well.
One thing 100%, Man Utd v Liverpool 4:30 Sunday. Work backwards from there. My guess is BHA v Leeds is well down the list so BT and 12:00 Saturday.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thing is, where is the fan power in getting fixture dates released early enough to sort train tickets etc.
It may be no crowds but it's a bank holiday weekend and I've staff rotas to do. Which day do I need off?
Also, with teams flying in and out on the day, these flights need organising as well.
One thing 100%, Man Utd v Liverpool 4:30 Sunday. Work backwards from there. My guess is BHA v Leeds is well down the list so BT and 12:00 Saturday.

I’m just confused why it’s so late. Isn’t TV announced usually a minimum of 2/3 weeks in advance?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
sky and BT congratulating themselves about saving the game for the fans and still we wait to find of kick off time for a game in just over a weeks time - what a joke.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Are you kidding? THE LEEDS are so enormously popular that it's actually their board who dictate kick off times. It will be whenever it can be syndicated to the darkest corners of Uzbekistan and Fiji and everyone else will have to fit in.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Being moved to 18/19 May to allow another round of fixtures to have fans in ground, so that all teams get at least one home game with fans present?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Being moved to 18/19 May to allow another round of fixtures to have fans in ground, so that all teams get at least one home game with fans present?

I knew they were talking about moving a gameweek, didn't think it was this one?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It's not, that is the penultimate game. So we will play Manchester Blues sometime that midweek before playing North London reds on the Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's not.

For us the Man City game is being moved to midweek, and the midweek West Ham game moved to when the Man City game was originally.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's not, that is the penultimate game. So we will play Manchester Blues sometime that midweek before playing North London reds on the Sunday.

I thought they'd been rebranded 'Manchester fukked up whites wash' when the filthy Lucre from Unilever came in ?

West Ham game should get prime time, they're the biggest team in London now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It's not.

For us the Man City game is being moved to midweek, and the midweek West Ham game moved to when the Man City game was originally.

So again, I wonder why the extreme delay in sorting TV for the games on the 1st...haven't seen anything in the media about it at all. Just confused is all.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’m just confused why it’s so late. Isn’t TV announced usually a minimum of 2/3 weeks in advance?

From memory, it was 6 weeks in advance pre-CV. But that doesn't apply as the season draws to a close and the broadcasters want to situate those games with the most hanging on it in their prime slots. You're right that it is very late, but I reckon it's down to a combination of CV19/no-fans/travel and end of season.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Some of the recent fixture changes have been very short notice, so I imagine we will find out this week. The previous ones have also announced 2 or 3 weeks together, so I expect we will find out about the games on the 8th/9th May too (so our game vs. Wolves)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From memory, it was 6 weeks in advance pre-CV. But that doesn't apply as the season draws to a close and the broadcasters want to situate those games with the most hanging on it in their prime slots. You're right that it is very late, but I reckon it's down to a combination of CV19/no-fans/travel and end of season.

Thanks - I'll stop being boring now.

Just hope we're not around the bloody 8pm slot again, whichever night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here