Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone else really looking forward to next season?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Something seems to have clicked with out team, defensively at least.

Add to this that our luck has to change at some point (we hit the fricking post again).

The final piece of the jigsaw is that we score some more goals.

I am predicting a great season for us next year.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Something seems to have clicked with out team, defensively at least.

Add to this that our luck has to change at some point (we hit the fricking post again).

The final piece of the jigsaw is that we score some more goals.

I am predicting a great season for us next year.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Well l'm massively looking forward to next season, but that's mostly because, with a fair wind at least, we will all be back at the Amex again, seeing full houses from the season's start.

I'm wondering though, just what your prediction for a great season is based on? although the football is more pleasing to watch, we are still marooned at the arse end of the table after yet another season of flirting with relegation.

I do love your optimism though!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well l'm massively looking forward to next season, but that's mostly because, with a fair wind at least, we will all be back at the Amex again, seeing full houses from the season's start.

I'm wondering though, just what your prediction for a great season is based on? although the football is more pleasing to watch, we are still marooned at the arse end of the table after yet another season of flirting with relegation.

What his prediction is based on ?..... errr who could not be excited and optimistic given our performances this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, without wishing my life away (still things to enjoy now), I'm excited.

I wonder what Uncle Tony has planned on summer signings.

Yes I know there won't be big sums of cash available, but he'll box clever, as he did with Lamptey, Veltman and Lallana.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's a bit premature. There's still 18 points to play for, we still have to avoid relegation, we could still catch Palace, once safe we may be able to play the last 4 or 5 games with more freedom, there's Caicedo and Karbownik who will surely get some game-time, will Maupay reach double figures?

We've worked hard to get ourselves in a position where we're 7 points above relegation with a game in hand and this is an opportunity to for our highest finish and points total. I'm looking forward to these next 6 matches.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
First, it should be said that we are not completely out of danger of relegation yet. That said, I can't see Fulham getting 8 points more than us over their last 5 games. Onto next season, and yes, I'm really looking forward to it. We've got the basics right - a top keeper and a certain steel across the back line. Chelsea couldn't find a way through. Dunk never takes any prisoners, and Ben White took one for the team. We all know we need to score more goals, but that's a good problem to have - it means that we are creating multiple chances. In the middle, we often dominate the opposition. Several other managers have come out and recognised this. With a stream of excellent signings (Moder, Karbownik, Caicedo), next season could be very interesting.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What his prediction is based on ?..... errr who could not be excited and optimistic given our performances this season.

Me. Have you not noticed, that despite our football being more pleasing to the eye, we are still currently a lowly16th in the table and in a relegation scrap?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Me. Have you not noticed, that despite our football being more pleasing to the eye, we are still currently a lowly16th in the table and in a relegation scrap?

Jees. I suspect you will never be happy sir haha

Ofcourse you are correct, but how you could not be optimistic and excited for next season on the back of it concerns me.

We are a fractions and i mean fractions away from being a top half side.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Earlier this season we were excellent in the middle of the pitch but found wanting at either end. We were also extremely unlucky not to get some hugely impressive results.

Recently though we seem to have tightened up the defence and are now pretty difficult to beat. We are still being unlucky not to get some impressive results. Welbeck hitting the post against Chelsea for example.

Next in our progression is that we start to convert more of our chances. This coupled with a turn around in luck could mean that we are in for something really special next year.

All this year we have shown that we are close to being an excellent team. I just think that it will come into fruition soon.

Now you have made me over think it though and I feel I might be back to my usual pessimistic self. :lolol::lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes - although I also felt this way towards the end of last season...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Being 7 points clear with 6 games to go and a game in hand is not a scrap...

Massive progress this season, regardless of where we end up finishing.

WBA are the biggest threat and have a game in hand on us.

That said , Looking forward to just getting back to it next season.

I think we may push on but then I've thought that every year the last few.

Outside the bottom 3 next season will still be success for clubs like us

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Being 7 points clear with 6 games to go and a game in hand is not a scrap...

Massive progress this season, regardless of where we end up finishing.

As has been said many times beofre, we're not better because everyone else is worse. Improvements in style yes but results, not quite just yet. . . .I'll be looking forward when we get to 40 points.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Earlier this season we were excellent in the middle of the pitch but found wanting at either end. We were also extremely unlucky not to get some hugely impressive results.

Recently though we seem to have tightened up the defence and are now pretty difficult to beat. We are still being unlucky not to get some impressive results. Welbeck hitting the post against Chelsea for example.

Next in our progression is that we start to convert more of our chances. This coupled with a turn around in luck could mean that we are in for something really special next year.

All this year we have shown that we are close to being an excellent team. I just think that it will come into fruition soon.

Now you have made me over think it though and I feel I might be back to my usual pessimistic self. :lolol::lolol:

Like l say l admire your optimism, let's both just hope that your right and l'm wrong! :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Jees. I suspect you will never be happy sir haha

Ofcourse you are correct, but how you could not be optimistic and excited for next season on the back of it concerns me.

We are a fractions and i mean fractions away from being a top half side.

Oh l'm always optimistic at the start of any new season, this time even more so, as we will, hopefully, all be back at the Amex after a very long time of being away. We will all have clean slate, and a feeling of anything being possible.

I am also, unfortunately for me maybe, a bit of a realist . . .

Looking forward to be back at The Amex & the football is more pleasing on the eye.

However - a dose of reality, when looking back at the finishing table - says that in the 4 years we have been in the Premier - no progress has been made.

Who knows - next year maybe that leap forward or not? - but we thought the same this time last year .....

BHA with 34 points & 6 games left still need 8 points to overhaul last seasons tally:

2019/20 41 points 15th
2018/19 36 points 17th
2017/18 40 points 15th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here