Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oligopoly - As used by GP

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Graham Potter casually dropped the word 'Oligopoly' into his pre-match interview on Sky.
I salute you Sir!

Get the lad on Countdown.
:salute:

An oligopoly (from Greek ὀλίγος, oligos "few" and πωλεῖν, polein "to sell") is a market form wherein a market or industry is dominated by a small group of large sellers (oligopolists). Oligopolies can result from various forms of collusion that reduce market competition which then leads to higher prices for consumers and lower wages for the employees of oligopolies. Oligopolies have their own market structure.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
You know damn well there was a bet that he couldn't get that word in to the interview.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Listening to his post match interview at the moment, I'm struck by how much more engaged and erudite he is when he's not being asked anodyne questions about the the performance, match etc.

Always apparent if you've heard him interviewed away from the pre and post match interviews, but nice to hear in that context.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I always try to get the Orange ones and the stations.

Always a great smirk when someone lands on the hotel in Vine Street and misses the free parking kitty.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I raise you a "vigilant".

Remember the days when we were happy with an "inert" ?

This club has moved forward.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hope we all learn from this.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I quite like the "cartel" reference GPott made as well.

From Wikipedia:
A cartel is a group of independent market participants who collude with each other in order to improve their profits and dominate the market. Cartels are usually associations in the same sphere of business, and thus an alliance of rivals. Most jurisdictions consider it anti-competitive behaviour and have outlawed such practices. Cartel behaviour includes price fixing, bid rigging, and reductions in output. The doctrine in economics that analyses cartels is cartel theory. Cartels are distinguished from other forms of collusion or anti-competitive organisation such as corporate mergers.

A cartel of prima-donna English football clubs have just taken one enormous kick in the teeth.
#like

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ATTACKESR

"Ive got 4 Richard"

"Cake"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here