Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Christ it's been a torrid few days !

RIP Jim.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
People* pooh-pooh Bat out of Hell, saying it's pompous and contrived but, IMO, it's up there with the best of them; quite simply it is a terrific rock album.

RIP Jim

*Trendy musos mainly.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very sad, fantastic song writer whatever some music snobs might have thought.

RIP.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bat Out of Hell is my favourite album and I love his music. "Read 'em and Weep", "It's All Coming Back to Me". So many mega hits. Plus all of the musical theatre he wrote.

A proper music man, a huge fan of country and rock. A genius. Gutted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
He wrote some truly memorable and epic tracks and I still listen to his solo album "Bad for Good" from time to time. RIP Jim.

larus

He’s written some amazing songs. He was the reason for Meatloafs success. Any of ML’s albums without JS are crap.

As already stated by others - Bat Out Of Hell is a truly classic album. Stayed in the album charts for god knows how long.

Sad day. RIP Jim.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Anyone who doesn't appreciate a bit of Jim's pomp lacks a bit of joy. Obviously Bat Out Of Hell, but also this derided, but fantastic piece of nonsense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Jim was a great writer, one of the most dryly witty lyricists of our times and knew how to turn it to up to 11 in his production.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stupid guy. Fancy popping his clogs on a day that 3 other stories are bigger than him on NSC. Any other day this would stick around in the top half of page 1 for a while.
No one can argue that Bat out of Hell isn't a classic album. Not sure he was given the credit at first.

Jul 7, 2003
He did so much stuff people most people are unaware of as posted above. As well as the rock stuff, he collaborated with Andrew Lloyd Webber on musicals.

I have an album called Original Sin by Pandora's Box from the late 80's - an all girl rock group - which was a Steinman composition. Not many people have heard of it but several songs have later been covered by a variety of artists. Worth checking out if you like his MeatLoaf stuff

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He’s written some amazing songs. He was the reason for Meatloafs success. Any of ML’s albums without JS are crap.

As already stated by others - Bat Out Of Hell is a truly classic album. Stayed in the album charts for god knows how long.

Sad day. RIP Jim.

400 weeks in the charts and an estimated 40 million sales. Not bad for an album that several record companies turned down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here