Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] OMG - Leeds COULD play in champions league next year!

Just looked at the tables - if the new ESL goes ahead next year then the big six wont be in the CL. Which means Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds could qualify, with Villa and Wolves in Eufa cup (based on current positions) Thats mental..

Oh..and apologies if this has been mentioned in the other 1000+ page thread! i didnt intend to read the whole thing to be sure.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Well that's the thing about this situation; in the early 70s Leeds were the club to set your pulse racing if they were coming to town. And then in subsequent years Villa, Forest, Derby, Everton and even Ipswich had their place in the sun. Could it be that if the "big" 6 are ejected from the PL that new big clubs will emerge? Let's face it, City were a joke for 30 years before the oil billions rolled-up.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Good on 'em if it all transpires to be so.

Whilst I can't stand them as a fanbase, they've played well this year and will be a fundamental part of a revamped pyramid if the dirty half-dozen go.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
There is a very real possibility Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal wouldn't be in next season's Champions League anyway...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you'd said this in the middle of their full on cocky bullshit phase last summer I'd have absolutely hated the prospect. Now I don't really care very much TBH, there's bigger problems than a bunch of preening Leeds wankers on social media.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Beyond Ben White - Why are we so obsessed with The Leeds United.

Next season will we be pulling Coventry's hair and chasing them around the playground?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Next season will we be pulling Coventry's hair and chasing them around the playground?

TBH up until last summer I didn't really hate them more than the general disdain I hold many clubs in who think they're too big to be in the Championship and it's a travesty that they even had / have to compete with the likes of Brighton, Huddersfield, Brentford etc. in the first place. So in a group with the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Massive, Derby (to an extent).

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just looked at the tables - if the new ESL goes ahead next year then the big six wont be in the CL. Which means Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds could qualify, with Villa and Wolves in Eufa cup (based on current positions) Thats mental..

Oh..and apologies if this has been mentioned in the other 1000+ page thread! i didnt intend to read the whole thing to be sure.

You genuinely think this ESL bollox will go ahead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

It's mad isn't it. I don't understand the beef - they have been an exceptional side this season. So they have some bellend supporters, who doesn't?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

sorry hadnt made the connection with the Leeds haters on here - it was more the fact that they had been promoted into the division this season and could end it in the CL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here