Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cometh the hour, cometh the club.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Cometh the moment, cometh the club.
With our history, Brighton & Hove Albion FC is absolutely the right club to tell Chelsea:

'If you’re still in the ‘European Super League’ at 8pm tonight, we’re not playing you. And we call on all other Premier League clubs to adopt the same stance and for the Premier League to expel any club still in the competition at the time of their next planned fixture.'

I would predict near universal backing for that stance from fans, clubs, media...in fact anyone who loves football.
This nonsense needs wiping out, right now. Hats off to the Germans for telling them to stuff it. Come on BHAFC, remember our history and stand up for the fans. Not just ours - everyone’s, especially those of the clubs involved who are as outraged as we are.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Things like that would just make them push ahead their plans quicker.

The only thing that will get them on board is money ( and lots of it ) unfortunately

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With our history, Brighton & Hove Albion FC is absolutely the right club to tell Chelsea:

'If you’re still in the ‘European Super League’ at 8pm tonight, we’re not playing you. And we call on all other Premier League clubs to adopt the same stance and for the Premier League to expel any club still in the competition at the time of their next planned fixture.'

I would predict near universal backing for that stance from fans, clubs, media...in fact anyone who loves football.
This nonsense needs wiping out, right now. Hats off to the Germans for telling them to stuff it. Come on BHAFC, remember our history and stand up for the fans. Not just ours - everyone’s, especially those of the clubs involved who are as outraged as we are.

Loving the sentiment old mate, however I think you'll find that if we fail to fufil a fixture its us that's gets kicked out of the EPL.

Frankly I want them to go, but a huge caveat to that is the players left behind realise that the ground rules have changed, and contracts and wages will have to be renegotiated so that all the remaining clubs actually cut their cloth accordingly for a Post football world without the 'Super Six'.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Loving the sentiment old mate, however I think you'll find that if we fail to fufil a fixture its us that's gets kicked out of the EPL.

Frankly I want them to go, but a huge caveat to that is the players left behind realise that the ground rules have changed, and contracts and wages will have to be renegotiated so that all the remaining clubs actually cut their cloth accordingly for a Post football world without the 'Super Six'.

Why should the fans of those clubs be forced into some plastic league at the behest of some plutocrat?
We took that risk of points deductions in 1997 with pitch invasions etc and the resultant furore brought our plight into the public eye like nothing else.
And if the PL kicked us out for actually making a stand instead of just moaning about it the rest of the football world (and even, so it seems, the government, though I don't trust them one inch) would hit the roof.

Of course,I don't think for a moment it will happen.
The pandemic brought all this on, of course. Once the plutocrats saw that people still watched games with plastic fan noise we became even more completely irrelevant than we were before to them.

And that is contemptible.
Still, if this new league does happen, from what I am hearing non league football in London, Manchester and Liverpool will get a lot more support - and the PL will become a much more level playing field.
But it would still be an absolute tragedy for football.
Hope you're well, Harty.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

It would be nice. Wont happen though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The pandemic brought all this on, of course. Once the plutocrats saw that people still watched games with plastic fan noise we became even more completely irrelevant than we were before to them.

There's a certain irony that the clamour for PL football to continue whilst everything else was mothballed has been instrumental in effectively destroying football.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

That discussion should happen amongst the meeting of the 14. The action should be collective not individual.

I'm happy for tonight to go ahead and for us stuff them.

The six need punishing and punishing now. The facts do however need to be known. If it's only a letter of intent, which can be withdrawn, then points deductions possible relegation, if they back down. If they have signed binding contracts and are legally bound to compete in the ESL, then EPL should expel them, no ifs, no buts and no chuffing coconuts.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Things like that would just make them push ahead their plans quicker.

The only thing that will get them on board is money ( and lots of it ) unfortunately

To me it is not about getting them on board, it is getting them to feck off ASAP. The dirty six will leave one day anyway, let’s not let them have double the income for five years before doing so.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
To me it is not about getting them on board, it is getting them to feck off ASAP. The dirty six will leave one day anyway, let’s not let them have double the income for five years before doing so.
As sad as it is i think you are correct. They should be given the option of staying or going....now. That will test the resolve of a few of the dirty six if not all. Any team that didnt issue a statement that they want to be in The Premier league next season under PL rules should be expelled ASAP no talks or exceptions. See how many would go and move on.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Why should the fans of those clubs be forced into some plastic league at the behest of some plutocrat?
We took that risk of points deductions in 1997 with pitch invasions etc and the resultant furore brought our plight into the public eye like nothing else.
And if the PL kicked us out for actually making a stand instead of just moaning about it the rest of the football world (and even, so it seems, the government, though I don't trust them one inch) would hit the roof.

Of course,I don't think for a moment it will happen.

And that is contemptible.
Still, if this new league does happen, from what I am hearing non league football in London, Manchester and Liverpool will get a lot more support - and the PL will become a much more level playing field.
But it would still be an absolute tragedy for football.
Hope you're well, Harty.

Attilla/ Harty - I had my two penneth on another thread. But just a request for you and Harty to get together for a Gulls Eye Special Edition (any excuse to relive my youth and read a Gulls Eye again). Attilla, can you get the violin out aka Southend (I think) at home all those years ago. The best of times, the worst of times.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021

Attilla/ Harty - I had my two penneth on another thread. But just a request for you and Harty to get together for a Gulls Eye Special Edition (any excuse to relive my youth and read a Gulls Eye again). Attilla, can you get the violin out aka Southend (I think) at home all those years ago. The best of times, the worst of times.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's a nice fantasy, but in reality it's not going to happen and it shouldn't happen. Let football be played on the pitch. I'm sure we'll make a statement of our position on it soon enough and that's how it should proceed.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This season needs to be finished its too far gone not to be. But it should be a condition of membership of the PL and european competition that you renounce the ESL. If you see that as your future then off you go. We'd have to renegotiate the tv deal etc but so be it. They will have to get their league up and running find refs, sponsors and a tv deal with about two months notice. Lets see how that works out...

An active campaign against the sponsors of those clubs plus a cancellation of the registration of the affected players contracts may also concentrate the mind.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The 14 Non Big Six need to take a firm collective stance today and ALL refuse to play the Snide Six, starting next season. Anything less will be a further betrayal of the fans

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Agree with your sentiment, but next week when this ESL thing is abandoned - and we are 3 points down and Fulham have won again - then this place will be a binfest once more!

Can we just let the other 14 kick 'em into touch for now?

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Agree with your sentiment, but next week when this ESL thing is abandoned - are we are 3 points down and Fulham have won again - then this place will be a binfest once more!

Can we just let the other 14 kick 'em into touch for now?

Totally agree [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Bit OTT for me. If the ESL goes ahead and the other 14 cave in and allow ESL clubs in the EPL next season then that would be the time for this sort of thing.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If the ESL goes ahead and the Big Six successfully go through the courts to secure their place in the Premier League, then perhaps the other 14 can leave the Premier League and form a new league structure along with the other 72 football league clubs and leave the Big Six to play themselves.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I believe the other 14 are meeting today to agree what is to be done.

The correct approach is for the clubs to vote to kick them out of the competition if they fail to revoke this plan.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I believe the other 14 are meeting today to agree what is to be done.

The correct approach is for the clubs to vote to kick them out of the competition if they fail to revoke this plan.

I think they should wait a little. Just say, it is unacceptable and leave it at that.

It's time for the owners of the Big 6 to actually say something.

Get them out of their shadows and make them speak. They have already made an error - let them make more or apologise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here