Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A Strategy Of Arsiness

el punal

If this post should be in with other European Super League guff I apologise - please amend.

Anyway, many suggestions have been made to oppose this shitfest of greed. For genuine football fans the main theme is to boycott any matches involving ESL fixtures, be it not going to attend at the ground or cancelling subscriptions to TV companies willing to broadcast said fixture.

As for the various approved football authorities - the English Premier League, UEFA, FIFA - they are all opposed to the ESL venture. They have threatened those ESL participating clubs with all sorts of sanctions which, in normal circumstances, should deter any club from joining the ESL. The question is would those football authorities be successful in playing this hardball approach? Assuming they’re not and this League of Greed gets off the ground maybe a few suggestions make life difficult for the Judas outfits :

1. The Premier League ensures that fixtures involving the “big six” take place in mid-week so as to mess up their proposed ESL campaign. For UEFA to do the same with Champions League and Europa Cup fixtures - ensure that ties coincide with ESL games.

2. That the other 14 PL clubs boycott fixtures with ESL clubs (with PL approval) so the game is forfeited and each club is awarded one point each. On that basis the remaining 14 PL teams do not have an advantage over each other and the the “big six” end up with a maximum of 28 points from 28 games - not good for a top four finish.

3. The ESL clubs must compete in the FA Cup and FL Cup competitions - again, to be played mid-week.

4. Failure to adhere to PL/FA directives should incur points deduction and possible relegation.

So, just a few suggestions to make life really awkward. I’m sure many of you have ideas along the same lines. I’ll leave you with probably the most appropriate chant for all of this debacle :

“Get into them, f*** them up!” :drink:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It was always my understanding that any football competition had to be sanctioned by the appropriate governing body, and in this case it would be UEFA. If the league isn’t sanctioned then presumably they can’t operate within the rules of Association Football.
As far as the players are concerned, I would be surprised if the PFA approved their members playing in this league. If the league happened and the clubs still took part in existing competitions, then what sort of standards could the players keep up with that sort of schedule? They shoot horses don’t they?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't think that a point each is the result if one team forfeit.

It is going to be interesting to see if UEFA are true to their word and throw the teams out of national competition. I think that in the long term our game will be improved by this. Having 6-7 clubs at the top of the league hoovering up all the dosh does not make for an interesting competition.

One thing I am sure of is that the ridiculous sums of money in football these days has not improved it.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I think the best option would be to throw these clubs out of all of their domestic competitions at every level. Ban any players for them from playing in national teams.

It could be a win for the remaining clubs, hope for smaller teams. Think of all those Liverpool fans clamouring to support Everton for some proper competitive games, of Chrissy Hughton’s Nottingham Forest being in with a chance of winning the league. Chances for all other clubs to prosper...or not...in a proper competition.

Leave the Harlem Globetrotters to their extended round robin of exhibition matches, designed for the aficionados of the bland and pointless.

Watch them limp back when it goes boobs up.

Put them behind Bury in order of reapplication.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't think that a point each is the result if one team forfeit.

It is going to be interesting to see if UEFA are true to their word and throw the teams out of national competition. I think that in the long term our game will be improved by this. Having 6-7 clubs at the top of the league hoovering up all the dosh does not make for an interesting competition.

One thing I am sure of is that the ridiculous sums of money in football these days has not improved it.

The reason they want this is it is becoming harder and harder for them to remain at the top of the league. There are too many good footballers, too many good managers, and too many clubs that can pay top level wages in the premier league. They formed the Premier league in order to keep hold of more of the cash the top division generates, but now they are seeing their expected European football every season threatened by clubs now able to compete.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
1. The Premier League ensures that fixtures involving the “big six” take place in mid-week so as to mess up their proposed ESL campaign. For UEFA to do the same with Champions League and Europa Cup fixtures - ensure that ties coincide with ESL games.

Premier League rules :
L.9. Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall
not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member

As the PL will not sanction the ESL, they will be in breach of the PL rules. Stated in the rules is that they require three quarters of eligible voters to expel a club. If the PL decides that it wants to chuck the six clubs out then it will be 3/4 of the 14 others, ie 11.
It'll undoubtedly end up in court.

Lawyers will end up nearly as rich as the owners!

Interesting to note how quiet broadcasters are at present. None of them want to admit they'd pay magebucks to put on on theitr channel, but there surely has to have been discussions? Shocking due dilengence if you've not tapped up potential consumers for your new product. Nice little boycott or mass cancellation of subscriptions to the 1st one that announces it will ramp up the pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here