Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EARN IT Champions League Protest Shirts vs Chelsea

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
Will the players wear the 'EARN IT' warm up t-shirts in protest tonight? (Seen last night at Leeds)

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 465

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Either that or a message about high levels of exhaust pollution in Brighton and Eastbourne and how cycling is the way forward.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'd like it but dont think it will happen.

Leeds image (these days) = rebellious and a bit cocky
Brighton image = dignity and feet on the ground

Think it will be treated as a normal game, but definitely would love to see something louder on this occasion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd prefer a:-

'stick yer laces through it, son'.

Reminder to the team.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'd like it but dont think it will happen.

Leeds image (these days) = rebellious and a bit cocky
Brighton image = dignity and feet on the ground

Think it will be treated as a normal game, but definitely would love to see something louder on this occasion.

Yeah we aren't the sort of club to do "cheeky" things like that are we? Though would relish seeing us do something to send a message against the ESL.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Whatever campaign is adopted it needs to be something that also builds bridges with fans of the six clubs involved. I think Leeds fans hurling abuse at Liverpool players wasn’t helpful. I live in Liverpool and I can tell you now fans are incensed. For example the fans are demanding all their famous European banners back. They want the Kop to be laid bare, Shankly, Bob Paisley banner, all those iconic banners that have been on the Kop for decades gone. They will picket the ground too and potentially stop teams from even arriving to play these games. As a community we need to reach out to the fans, players and staff at these clubs because they aren’t the problem it is the owners. The campaign needs to be directed at the owners.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So anyone heading up to Fulham this evening with some banners to wave at the gates of Stanford Bridge?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd love us to not even mention it, play the game as normal, then (unlike normal) bag a 93rd minute winner with a bullet header from Dunk, who runs to the nearest camera and shouts "NOT SO F**KING SUPER NOW ARE YA??" into it.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
The EARN IT campaign feels like it is also a dig at the players. The campaign should give the RED CARD to the owners. We need to have fan ownership, similar to the German league. I know it might seem a ridiculous thing to say, as I trust Tony Bloom implicitly, but long term, his greatest legacy could be to donate / sell 51% of his stake in BHA to the fans. UTA.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The other 14 clubs have a meeting schedule for 11am today. I'm sure we'll roll Paul Barber out before tonight's match to outline ours and their position.

We're facing a serious hostile takeover attempt here, so its better for the club to object in a dignified formal manner than to get a few t-shirts printed.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Whatever campaign is adopted it needs to be something that also builds bridges with fans of the six clubs involved. I think Leeds fans hurling abuse at Liverpool players wasn’t helpful. I live in Liverpool and I can tell you now fans are incensed. For example the fans are demanding all their famous European banners back. They want the Kop to be laid bare, Shankly, Bob Paisley banner, all those iconic banners that have been on the Kop for decades gone. They will picket the ground too and potentially stop teams from even arriving to play these games. As a community we need to reach out to the fans, players and staff at these clubs because they aren’t the problem it is the owners. The campaign needs to be directed at the owners.

Perhaps Liverpool fans could smash up any cars or coaches as they arrive at Anfield? ???

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Doubt the club or players will do anything, though I'd like it if they did.

But if anyone has the old bedsheet and a paintbrush out, and is thinking of heading up to stand outside Stamford Bridge tonight, can I respectfully suggest that an appropriate slogan could be:

'Legacy Fans United'.

Says it all. And there's no better club and fans to say it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We should get the Ipswich fans involved , they like a banner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
To me, we are the ultimate fans club. Not just because of Fans United and the battle against Archer, but also because we have a lifelong fan as our owner. I’d be very disappointed if we don’t take a VERY strong and visible stance.
I’ve just heard what Everton have said. We need to be saying similar things. I’ll allow Barber to suss out the mood at today’s meeting, but I think the club needs to be very clear, and soon-ish!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here