Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter/Dunk - Hopes & Expectations

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
So tomorrow night there will be a lot of focus on Chelsea and Brighton.

So far, most of the Super League focus on Sky Sports/Talksport etc has been on Liverpool, Man Utd, and Arsenal.

Tomorrow I'm sure there will be a lot said about Chelsea and Abromovich etc, but what do we as fans want to hear or see from Potter, Dunk, Barber, or whoever else is given the Brighton spotlight? T-shirts, protests, banners, carefully worded pre-planned statements or full on honest passion, condemnation spoken from the heart?

I for one hope they mention Fans United, and Brighton as an example of a community club saved by the fans (Knight/Bloom etc too, they are fans) and an example of how a minnow can swoop into the top flight on merit.

What do you want to hear from OUR club while we have some of the spotlight tomorrow?

:bhasign:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So tomorrow night there will be a lot of focus on Chelsea and Brighton.

So far, most of the Super League focus on Sky Sports/Talksport etc has been on Liverpool, Man Utd, and Arsenal.

Tomorrow I'm sure there will be a lot said about Chelsea and Abromovich etc, but what do we as fans want to hear or see from Potter, Dunk, Barber, or whoever else is given the Brighton spotlight? T-shirts, protests, banners, carefully worded pre-planned statements or full on honest passion, condemnation spoken from the heart?

I for one hope they mention Fans United, and Brighton as an example of a community club saved by the fans (Knight/Bloom etc too, they are fans) and an example of how a minnow can swoop into the top flight on merit.

What do you want to hear from OUR club while we have some of the spotlight tomorrow?

:bhasign:

Let the campaign begin Fans Utd (Albion sounds better) 2021

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Were loose.

A team picked from a £951m squad, will brush aside a £202m opponent with some ease.

In their own stadium, there’ll be few ESL stunt distractions to prevent Ziyech, Pulisic and Kante marching towards a top 3 finish.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How we won 3 points

This. Everything else is beginning to sound like a party conference of backslapping condemnation. Who can get the biggest round of applause.

Most of the footballing world is against this new league. It's now over to the authorities to follow through on their own condemnation.

I just want to watch the Albion play football tomorrow (now today).

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This. Everything else is beginning to sound like a party conference of backslapping condemnation. Who can get the biggest round of applause.

Most of the footballing world is against this new league. It's now over to the authorities to follow through on their own condemnantion.

I just want to watch the Albion play football tomorrow (now today).

We'll have most of the country behind us.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It really isn't any of their business. Nothing they say will make the blind bit of difference.
Right now our priority is staying up, not much else matters, and Chelsea WILL be distracted so let's concentrate on the football and show the World there is more to this league than the 'top 6' (currently placed 1,2,5,6,7,9).

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It really isn't any of their business. Nothing they say will make the blind bit of difference.
Right now our priority is staying up, not much else matters, and Chelsea WILL be distracted so let's concentrate on the football and show the World there is more to this league than the 'top 6' (currently placed 1,2,5,6,7,9).

It really is OUR business because we are one of the (best) examples of a club who mobilised their fanbase and the wider European fanbase to successfully protest the actions of misguided/malevolent owners and then did the same to protest the intransigence of planners/politicians to get the Amex built. The actions of Perez and Agnelli and FSG/Glazers is a systemic threat to the sport of football. Good journalism should absolutely highlight Brighton supporters actions during the nineties & noughties because we did mobilise and we did prevail.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not sure about this. Barber sits on the PL committee who will hopefully take a strong stance and make it clear they are anti, and will do what they can to stop the big six.

Beyond that, other than making it clear it's not right if/when asked, I'm not sure I'd want us more involved at club level. As long as we don't sit on the fence when asked, that'll do me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I won’t be turning on until just before kick off and I will be turning off straight after the final whistle. I have no interest in listening to what will be Chelsea TV regardless of the result. Will just wind me up

I’ll wait for the official club announcement for what Albion think about this new Super League

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully Dunk/Potter will just focus on the game.

Generally speaking I hope the club support the ESL idea - "sounds good, these six greedy ******** should **** off from the PL and join the muppet league."

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Potter and Dunk should say what they think but ultimately it is down to Bloom and Barber. They should condemn the greed and the concept of abolishing relegation. They then need to make it clear that the 6 can choose between expulsion at the end of the season and withdrawing from the ESL by the end of the day. Anything else is just waiting at the top table to see where the crumbs fall ie the usual outcome. It would make us complicit and might be the final straw for quite a few people.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Other than noting that turkeys don't vote for Christmas, pre or post match comments from Albion people about ESL are irrelevant. May as well ask them about their views on Brexit.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Other than noting that turkeys don't vote for Christmas, pre or post match comments from Albion people about ESL are irrelevant. May as well ask them about their views on Brexit.
Not sure it being irrelevant. We have an aim as a club to be established as a top ten side. That's established - not just to finish in it, but go consistently be in it. What do top 10 sides fight for? European qualification. For the glorious European nights, the incredible away trips, and of course, the money. I think i read that at the moment CL qualification is worth nearly £100m - an extraordinary sum.

Make no mistake, that's where Tony will want us to head. He's taken us from the bottom of League 1 with his millions, he's not going to stop now.

If the big boys virtually take out Champions League qualification then it's a direct attack on other clubs and their ambitions. To say it's irrelevant to us is simply not true.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure it being irrelevant. We have an aim as a club to be established as a top ten side. That's established - not just to finish in it, but go consistently be in it. What do top 10 sides fight for? European qualification. For the glorious European nights, the incredible away trips, and of course, the money. I think i read that at the moment CL qualification is worth nearly £100m - an extraordinary sum.

Make no mistake, that's where Tony will want us to head. He's taken us from the bottom of League 1 with his millions, he's not going to stop now.

If the big boys virtually take out Champions League qualification then it's a direct attack on other clubs and their ambitions. To say it's irrelevant to us is simply not true.

Of course. But you miss my point. A statement from our club couched in the context of our CL ambitions would come across as ludicrous, given we are in a relegation scrap. It is sufficient that, for clubs like us, any opposition to the ESL is presently predicated by the impact it would have on us now, namely that if the top six leave mainstream football this will devalue the EPL (for a few years, anyway). Our wider ambtions may not be the same as other clubs, so invoking this context would be quite nuanced and I would rather our spokespeople simply say, if asked, that they haven't seen the proposals but 'from what we have read we are not in favour'.

(I hate it when every stakehold feels the need to put comments out there on issues with which that have little influence. My employer has written so many granstanding policy statements on Covid it smack of nothing more than 'look at me'. I have done a lot of consulting and the reason the companys like me is I don't go beyond my brief or draw on things that are outside my expertise. The exact opposite of the way I operate on NSC :lolol: :wink: :thumbsup:)

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
It really is OUR business because we are one of the (best) examples of a club who mobilised their fanbase and the wider European fanbase to successfully protest the actions of misguided/malevolent owners and then did the same to protest the intransigence of planners/politicians to get the Amex built. The actions of Perez and Agnelli and FSG/Glazers is a systemic threat to the sport of football. Good journalism should absolutely highlight Brighton supporters actions during the nineties & noughties because we did mobilise and we did prevail.

100% agree with this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here