Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Any legal experts here?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
With the government vowing to stop the breakaway - by any means necessary
- are there any actual laws/rules they could enforce to stop this?

Or would new laws have to be made?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as this is the internet, everyone is a legal expert.

they'd have to make law, we dont have any regulation or legislation around football or other sports. except the ticket restriction and standing, drinking in stadiums. do you really want more government interference?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There is talk of the government “investigating” what help it provides to elite football clubs.

So where they may not be able to legally stop anything, they could absolve from helping. Work permits is one option. For instance Imagine if the big 6 couldn’t get approved work permits for their elite signings... Would scupper their transfer plans a wee bit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you'll find this government says many things in line with popular thinking, once the popular thinking has been gauged.

Seeing that through is another matter.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
as this is the internet, everyone is a legal expert.

they'd have to make law, we dont have any regulation or legislation around football or other sports. except the ticket restriction and standing, drinking in stadiums. do you really want more government interference?

Yes. Football has had its chance to get its house in order. It has failed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think you'll find this government says many things in line with popular thinking, once the popular thinking has been gauged.

Seeing that through is another matter.

Exactly.

They'll make a lot of noise about how it's a bad thing but will do cock-all to stop it. I'd love to be proved wrong but I bet I won't be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here