Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST renewals - how are they going?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
For 1901, the website has this to say to potential new members:

"The 1901 Club is currently sold out however, if you join the waiting list now you could be given the opportunity to purchase 1901 Club seats for the 2021/22 season onwards..."

It made me wonder how renewals are going generally...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Mrs Earle wants Albion to win so much that she struggles with the tension of it all and wanted out for next season. I renewed it anyway, but she's not best pleased with me!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Possibly not so well as the Albion are phoning up people asking why they haven't renewed.

Thats interesting - the waiting list must have evaporated?

I wouldn't read too much into that at the moment as the club do this every season, a couple of friends who didn't renew last year got phone calls towards the end of the deadline for renewing asking them why they hadn't/would they reconsider.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For 1901, the website has this to say to potential new members:

"The 1901 Club is currently sold out however, if you join the waiting list now you could be given the opportunity to purchase 1901 Club seats for the 2021/22 season onwards..."

It made me wonder how renewals are going generally...

I registered my interest to "purchase 1901 Club seats for the 2021/22 season onward" on the 1901 part of the club website with full contact details. It said someone would be in touch to discuss my requirements shortly.

...that was maybe 6 weeks ago. So far, nothing.

Based on that I can only guess they are going very well. Or they can't be arsed? :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Possibly not so well as the Albion are phoning up people asking why they haven't renewed.
Are they still happy to boot people out of their seats if they get too many attendance black marks though ? ???

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If we have to get to the ground around an hour earlier (for very proper COVID-19 measures) and queue in that time,then personally I don’t find that particularly great !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My info is my season ticket will automatically renew on 29th April, and I don’t have to do anything. How do the club know that people haven’t renewed, when there is another 10 days to go?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I registered my interest to "purchase 1901 Club seats for the 2021/22 season onward" on the 1901 part of the club website with full contact details. It said someone would be in touch to discuss my requirements shortly.

...that was maybe 6 weeks ago. So far, nothing.

Based on that I can only guess they are going very well. Or they can't be arsed? :shrug:

Interesting. I can PM you the email address of someone in 1901 who, I'm nigh on certain, will respond, if you like...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A lot of people have got used to not going now, well over a year, fallen out of love with the premier league, will be waiting to see what hoops you will have to jump through to get in, vaccine passports, negative covid test that day, social distancing, masks, delays getting in and some will still be scared to go to an event with large crowds and the match day experience will for sure never be the same again as it was before 2020. They will find it very hard to get 30000 crowds again imo

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My info is my season ticket will automatically renew on 29th April, and I don’t have to do anything. How do the club know that people haven’t renewed, when there is another 10 days to go?

The autorenew is only for those paying by direct debit. So I imagine it is a mixture of people who have cancelled their DD so the club know they don't want to renew, and those who haven't sent their forms/payments for lump sum season tickets yet being contacted as a reminder and when being told they are not renewing, recording the reasons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A lot of people have got used to not going now, well over a year, fallen out of love with the premier league, will be waiting to see what hoops you will have to jump through to get in, vaccine passports, negative covid test that day, social distancing, masks, delays getting in and some will still be scared to go to an event with large crowds and the match day experience will for sure never be the same again as it was before 2020. They will find it very hard to get 30000 crowds again imo

Possibly, or alternatively few or no restrictions at all by August and with the greedy ******* 'top 6' banished we have a genuinely competitive league to look forward to.................get rid of VAR as well and job's a good'un. People will flock back.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone know if the season ticket sharing thing they offered for £20 is just for next season or if it can be done every season?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone know if the season ticket sharing thing they offered for £20 is just for next season or if it can be done every season?

Currently just the 2021/22 season.

Obvously that doesn't mean it won't continue beyond that. Could be a grace period thing to transition into a zero tolerence on sharing season tickets, or could be a test to see how popular/worthwhile the system is. But officially just next season at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here