Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Banner for the Man City game

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I imagine City (and Chelsea) will have pulled out by the time the game comes round. After all, these are the poor minnows that have been bullied into signing up against their will by the other clubs, if you read their careful PR leaks.

Pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm still fuming at this whole shambles but let's please remember this is down to greedy no mark owners, NOT the fans or even staff at the clubs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm still fuming at this whole shambles but let's please remember this is down to greedy no mark owners, NOT the fans or even staff at the clubs.

Yes. I’ve heard plenty of very upset City fans disgusted at this.

Banners should name the owners, chairman and CEOs directly, just like we did with Archer, Bellotti and Stanley. The (legacy) fans of the top six are just as much victims as the rest of us, we shouldn’t forget that.

Stumpy Tim

Agree 100%. People are understandably upset, but many seem willing to lash out at people who have nothing to do with it. These owners don't care about anything apart from the money. They don't care if players play international football, they don't care about the Premier League. They care about getting $1 a week from every fan in Asia for subscription TV...an estimated $150m a week per club if Gary Neville's sums are accurate.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Banners should name the owners, chairman and CEOs directly, just like we did with Archer, Bellotti and Stanley. The (legacy) fans of the top six are just as much victims as the rest of us, we shouldn’t forget that.

You wait though, football is tribal. Attack their owners and like a dog they’ll instinctively defend them because without their riches they’d still be the two Bob ‘big club’ dicing with L1 & Champ Football. Many fans like the idea, they only like ‘elite’ success because all those computer games have rewired their brains to expect something abnormal.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
As a protest, one fan has a bell or horn or something to make a sound. When man city get the ball we all turn our back, except one fan with horn. As soon as we regain possession the horn is blown and we all turn round to watch.

We are not interested in the top six and we are not there to watch them. Unlike the media who drool over these teams, I am there only to see Brighton v who ever.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you have Twitter, check out Corden’s six minute rant that Danny baker retweeted.

Absolute nail on head moment.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What utter bobbins.

Our stadium and shirts are sponsored by one of the biggest charge cards, credit cards and travel insurance businesses on the planet. I don't particularly associate that with overcharging those "poor americans" any more than I would if we were sponsored by Barclaycard and their remorseless pursuit of the dopey herberts who fail to keep up with their credit card spending on Diamond White and crack.

If you're going to lose your shit about anyone, crack on with those disgusting multiple dimbot mandarin shirt sponsors of numerous far east betting companies.

I'm not losing my shit, at all.
The point is most clubs prioritise income first and foremost. Whatever we might like to think.
And I assume you're being tounge-in-cheek regarding income from betting companies.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So revive the "bad owners kill football" message? which was used during our sack the board days of Bellotti and Archer - something which is sadly as true now as it was all those years ago

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Where’s your super league, where’s your super league

Can we play you every week

You know what you are, You know what you aaaaare

And so on will be sufficient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here