• No, I don’t watch them at all

Votes: 203 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
With a European Super League in the offing, I just wondered what the current market for this is like among Albion fans.

We are all armchair European Cup supporters, if we are supporters of the Champions League at all.

So, the question - Do you watch the Champions League? Are you actually a customer of the ESL as it stands in its current format?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I haven't for years since they expanded the group phase. I'll watch the semis and final but that's is, the rest of it is just pointless unless you super a team involved

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not since it moved to BT Sport.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Only a few matches now; tends to be English clubs in the latter stages of the competition. But meh about the whole European football thing.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
i watch the major games, not bothered with group stages unless it`s a biggie.
Not sure if i`d give a monkeys about a Super League.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I used to watch when it was a knockout competition featuring the actual champions of each country. That was when I was much younger though. These days I only watch games in which the Albion have a stake, the exception being non league days out. The ESL sounds even duller than the ‘Champions League.’

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I have almost no interest in the Champions League or Europa League. I am sure that I would watch and attend games if the Albion got there but even then I would care primarily about the Premier League. Everyone is different but I don't understand how anyone can enjoy a game where they don't care, or don't care much, who wins or loses. I'd far sooner watch an Albion U23 game than any of this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I watch a few games but not that many. The few times Swedish teams manages to qualify I usually watch them as its interesting to see them battling the giants. Also like it when underdog teams, like Ajax two years ago, manages to get far into tournaments, or when a specific team (like peak Barca a few years ago) bring something new and dirty to the table. Other than that I usually watch the semi-finals and finals.

Wont watch the "ESL" though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Always loved the European nights. Not the Super League though. That's going to be franchise football.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I watch a few games but not that many. The few times Swedish teams manages to qualify I usually watch them as its interesting to see them battling the giants. Also like it when underdog teams, like Ajax two years ago, manages to get far into tournaments, or when a specific team (like peak Barca a few years ago) bring something new and dirty to the table. Other than that I usually watch the semi-finals and finals.

Wont watch the "ESL" though.

Question, which former Brighton & Hove Albion player took a Swedish team the furthest they have ever been in a European Cup, his previous managerial appointment being Hastings United ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have watched a part of one match this season. It's boring. The competition was meaningful when it was actually populated by champions.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Will watch the odd group game when it gets down to the final rounds.

Watch some of the knockout games.

Not watched any of it without fans

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Question, which former Brighton & Hove Albion player took a Swedish team the furthest they have ever been in a European Cup, his previous managerial appointment being Hastings United ?

The Swedish team going the furthest in a European Cup is IFK Göteborg, winning the UEFA Cup twice. But as for the European Cup..

You are referring to Bob obviously. Against Clough, so I would imagine it was the only European Cup final were both managers had a Brighton background.

I've seen the game on DVD... a fair win for Nottingham, though Malmö had their three best players out and were only semi-professional so I'd say their performance was more impressive in some senses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here