Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Bent Coppers. The series....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Easily offended.

not really offended mate , i enjoyed some of the Small Axe series , it reminded me of my youth because a lot of the coppers were pricks back then , i'm sure this series will be interesting too but the reference to babylon is mis placed from a white perspective ....all good , sleep well...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
not really offended mate , i enjoyed some of the Small Axe series , it reminded me of my youth because a lot of the coppers were pricks back then , i'm sure this series will be interesting too but the reference to babylon is mis placed from a white perspective ....all good , sleep well...:thumbsup:

Derived from the term some Rasta's sometimes use for policeman. Not sure how that equates to either the BBC, who don't use the term, or me race baiting. I think you need to stop looking for excuses to cause arguments on here. Get yourself off to the bear pit if you wish to indulge in pointless arguing and leave it off the main board and a thread intended to give people a heads up about an interesting series. People are sick enough of that nonsense in the pit, nobody wants it on the Big Board. Thank you.

:facepalm:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Derived from the term some Rasta's sometimes use for policeman. Not sure how that equates to either the BBC, who don't use the term, or me race baiting. I think you need to stop looking for excuses to cause arguments on here. Get yourself off to the bear pit if you wish to indulge in pointless arguing and leave it off the main board and a thread intended to give people a heads up about an interesting series. People are sick enough of that nonsense in the pit, nobody wants it on the Big Board. Thank you.

:facepalm:

chill guy , i am well aware of the brethren's terminology and Babylon goes a lot further than describing the dear old bent British bobby , all good , a flippant remark intended to get a bite out of your good self , job done :wink: i will keep an eye out for it......there's an Aus series called blue murder based on the story of bent coppers in the NSW in the 80's and 90's .....it's brilliant , i think you would like it .......did you watch concrete cowboys yet...?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
... and, back on topic.

Yep, watched the first episode, found it interesting (and scary) - especially sitting next to an ex-copper who worked in London from the late 70s. I would stress that I have known them for a long time, and would find it unimaginable that they would behave like some of the subjects of the documentary, but it was still interesting watching them squirm as they watched :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here