Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] 16 days too late

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Is ‘Newsbeat’ aimed at kids? I truly hope so, because that reads like it’s pitched at a 9 year old’s reading ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is ‘Newsbeat’ aimed at kids? I truly hope so, because that reads like it’s pitched at a 9 year old’s reading ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teens and early 20s. It's Radio 1's "news"

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
"Working 11 hours a day". Bloody part timers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A2AE3B72-CAB2-4A71-B928-5EF70D30D396.jpeg

:ohmy:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This weekend, she wants customers to treat the store "how you would treat your own home".

If they do, it will probably take even longer to clear up.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
"I did a seven-hour shift yesterday and my feet were burning and I started getting dizzy towards the end."

She wouldn't have been much use during the Blitz.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
"Becki is working back-to-back 11-hour shifts in a pub in Birmingham over the weekend."

Becki has barely worked for the past few months and has been furloughed and sat at home doing very little while others have been grafting and paying tax to keep her in a non-job...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
"Becki is working back-to-back 11-hour shifts in a pub in Birmingham over the weekend."

Becki has barely worked for the past few months and has been furloughed and sat at home doing very little while others have been grafting and paying tax to keep her in a non-job...

How on earth is working in a pub a non-job?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I honestly thought we were getting past such classist nonsense.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

pull your own ****ing pint then :lolol: :wanker:

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
How on earth is working in a pub a non-job?

I must be out of touch - I volunteer for a number of clubs and committees etc. and run the bar when asked.

Do you work in a bar or pub, perhaps in the beleaguered travel industry ?

I think the pandemic has proved where the real jobs are.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's wrong with you people?

It seemed a perfectly sensible article to me.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Being someone who works in a shop, it's been difficult. Being called a c unit just because we don't have the stock they want, or that we don't have furniture for them to test that they have been desperate to try. Stop being so ****ing entitled. Also, working in a pub is not a non-job. sitting at a computer all day is a ****ing non-job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here