Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] 16 days too late

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Being someone who works in a shop, it's been difficult. Being called a c unit just because we don't have the stock they want, or that we don't have furniture for them to test that they have been desperate to try. Stop being so ****ing entitled. Also, working in a pub is not a non-job. sitting at a computer all day is a ****ing non-job.

That depends on what you are doing with said computer.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I must be out of touch - I volunteer for a number of clubs and committees etc. and run the bar when asked.

Do you work in a bar or pub, perhaps in the beleaguered travel industry ?

I think the pandemic has proved where the real jobs are.

No, I'm a teacher but I have total respect for people that work in hospitality and retail. Those that work in pubs and shops are pretty essential if you ask me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
4A176FC3-4795-4732-9F3D-C221BFF6412B.jpeg

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Being someone who works in a shop, it's been difficult. Being called a c unit just because we don't have the stock they want, or that we don't have furniture for them to test that they have been desperate to try. Stop being so ****ing entitled. Also, working in a pub is not a non-job. sitting at a computer all day is a ****ing non-job.

If I didn't sit at a computer all day then the Dr's and Nurses would not be able to use computers/networks on a safe secure infrastructure to help save lifes.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If I didn't sit at a computer all day then the Dr's and Nurses would not be able to use computers/networks on a safe secure infrastructure to help save lifes.

Just to stir... I remember a few years back all the clinical staff were coordinating on WhatsApp because they couldn't get anything done on the safe secure infrastructure provided due them

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Just to stir... I remember a few years back all the clinical staff were coordinating on WhatsApp because they couldn't get anything done on the safe secure infrastructure provided to them

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

Was there not a massive ransomware issue on this 'safe secure infrastructure'?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I honestly thought we were getting past such classist nonsense.

It’s not really classist. I would say that sort of accusation should have been left in the past. Some people just don’t value others whether that be the poster denigrating pub workers or the one belittling working with a computer all day. I do the latter and bearing in mind it has fed and clothed my family for 30 years I am happy to have such a productive non job.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Are there really any 'worthwhile jobs' considering we are all tiny easily replaceable cogs sustaining the global capitalist system probably controlled by the illuminati.... think on. :moo:

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
No, I'm a teacher but I have total respect for people that work in hospitality and retail. Those that work in pubs and shops are pretty essential if you ask me.

Essential yet been closed for most of the past few months?

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"Becki is working back-to-back 11-hour shifts in a pub in Birmingham over the weekend."

Becki has barely worked for the past few months and has been furloughed and sat at home doing very little while others have been grafting and paying tax to keep her in a non-job...

:fishing:.........or a bit of a :tosser:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Essential yet been closed for most of the past few months?

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

My logic is that society aspires to more than mere survival. Who wants to live in a world where you can't meet friends and family in a pub or restaurant?

Anyway, the point is you were sneering at someone in a low paid job. Not a good look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here