Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
'Unchartered' when they mean 'uncharted'.

'That's what _____is all about.' Often used in a sporting context by pundits. Typically the FA Cup when small club plays big club. You might have 5 pundits with each of them saying that 'something' is what the FA Cup is all about. The something could be the pitch, the crowd, a player, a manager, a giant-killing etc etc.
Of course none of them is what the match is ALL about.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
'Stop trying to send this thread to the pit' which usually translates to how dare you have a different opinion or glad you posted so I can have a binfest making it more likely it ends up in the pit. Phrase incoming in 5..4..3..[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
'Stop trying to send this thread to the pit' which usually translates to how dare you have a different opinion or glad you posted so I can have a binfest making it more likely it ends up in the pit. Phrase incoming in 5..4..3..[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

How about 'Stop being a ****'?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
'We are definitely going to sign a £20m plus striker'

Wouldn’t it usually be definately, or even defiantly?

(When trying to type deliberately definately, the iPad was correcting it!)

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Yourself, himself, myself.
Triathalon
On a journey
Nuculer

Come to think of it, at this precise moment in time, the state of the nation is that anything anybody says to me will piss me off. Bigtime. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Shirley only keyboard warriors/pussies hiding behind a second account would use that one ...
Only idiots and sad sacks would ever feel the need for additional accounts - wouldn't you agree?

I'm sure he would agree

Slightly off topic (re your comments and info provided on another thread) but if it's not too much trouble could you inform us if the primary/registration IP address for the account The Clamp is 'unique'? :angel:
Shared with one other account, but that isn't unusual. I clicked in the first of your own list of IP addresses, for example, and it is the Registration IP of 4 different NSC accounts.

Oh .... :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bud or dude

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here