Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
‘ I can do electrical work ‘ can you really? is that why your working in a shop you f.ucking **** (for example) If only I had a pound for every time I heard this. Even the customers who called me in the first place have said it, baffles me it truly does.

:)
I hear “I won’t touch plumbing”
I would never have guessed, that’s why I’m here you silly c#£& :dunce:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The least worst option - oh, so you mean the best option

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Under the lights, as in “I love a game under the lights”

I know it refers to a football match played in the evening, but the floodlights are on for most afternoon matches.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
"Crimble" for Christmas.

Plurals for single things "yer Liverpools, yer Man Uniteds..."

Anything that suggests everyone should know what's being spoken about "since she wore THAT dress", "ever since THAT goal" type of thing.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
'You guys', 'it's literally' (when something actually is, i.e. not literally), 'in this moment' (In football parlance. Used to be the preserve of foreign managers (fair enough) but know English bosses say it to describe any ****ing moment).

'London by the Sea' - **** off.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
When God shuts a door he opens a window - nah, he normally shuts another one

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
“Sir, I am arresting you on suspicion of being drunk on an aircraft, indecent exposure, incitement to have sexual intercourse with an animal and impersonating a customs officer”.

Ruined my holiday I’ll tell ya...

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
The deliberate Americanisation of football punditry with describing the closing down of the other side as a "press". Taken straight from basketball so to distinguish the crop of dreadful football pundits we have to suffer with the one's they got rid of . Basketball is a game that's fun to play but bloody tedious to watch because an event is when they don't score. Oh and the obvious repeating of football and cricket cliches by pundits who got their job for reasons other than what they know about football or cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here