Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Young - worth considering?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I see his 18-month contract with Inter is up this summer. They are currently 11 points clear atop of Serie A with 8 matches to go and he has played 55 times for them since joining in Jan 20, including 40 times in Serie A.

I know there is now talk of him going back to his hometown club Watford, but he is a winner, this signing ticks every box for us and buys us time for Karbownik to develop into a Premier League player.

Probably won't happen, but I have seen plenty of far worse suggestions on here.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I know people can't stand Ashley Young but I always enjoyed watching him play in his prime years at United. Seemed like a real battler.

The idea of him fitting into our squad, at his age, is a hard one to get my head around though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Same as Lingard, not good enough for us I'm afraid

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I can't think of anything he's done that makes him a dickhead, but maybe I'm forgetting something.

https://www.balls.ie/football/ashley-young-sent-off-408384

That might do for starters.

Given the fact that Andone was banished from the club for something not too dissimilar, and plenty on here were / are of the opinion that we should get rid of him, why would you want him?

Then the elbow to the face

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...news-Ashley-Young-violent-conduct-Southampton

Then the diving

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/apr/15/ashley-young-sir-alex-ferguson

That enough?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Difficult to imagine that a couple of seasons playing in Italy is likely to have changed that aspect of his game much???

Point taken, but he plays a much more defensive role now since his pace has gone. Also I think he's matured quite a lot now, having been given more of a leadership role now at inter

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man, with Welbeck, Lallana and Young we'd put in one hell of a challenge for the 2009/2010 league title.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Wages more than the reported £90k a week for Adam Lallana and close to getting his pension. Can't see it happening.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He is on MegaBucks. Got really good proactive agent. I think he will end up on a Big One Year Deal at a club competing in CL somewhere around Europe

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not for me, Jeff. I really don't like diving cheats whether they are "ours" or not.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
When we needed some one like him, we couldn't have afforded him. We can now afford him, but just don't need some one as old as him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ashley Old? No way Jose!

The Athletic had a number of good Solly back-up players (Karbo will be played on the right). Love the look of Sosa but this Callum character looks decent too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here