Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mildly embarrassing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One of our neighbours is a self employed painter and decorator, and gave us a very decent quote to paint our hallway, stairs and landing plus doors etc. I'm WFH so have been in the living room while he's been cracking on all week. Anyway he's running a bit behind, so he's drafted in his missus today to do the bannisters. As I type, she is outside the bedroom door, painting all the struts. We get on well and all, but I never really anticipated having our neighbours round to decorate our house. Feels weird.

Added to that, I unleashed a shocking U-boat in the downstairs loo first thing this morning, and actually went a little light-headed at the pungent stench that engulfed me. I'd barely finished cleaning up when him and his doris were knocking at the front door earlier than scheduled. There was certainly still something hanging in the air, and not only that, he only went and started painting the frame of the toilet door. :facepalm:

None of us actually mentioned anything. But now my neighbours know my natural scent.

They know.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One of our neighbours is a self employed painter and decorator, and gave us a very decent quote to paint our hallway, stairs and landing plus doors etc. I'm WFH so have been in the living room while he's been cracking on all week. Anyway he's running a bit behind, so he's drafted in his missus today to do the bannisters. As I type, she is outside the bedroom door, painting all the struts. We get on well and all, but I never really anticipated having our neighbours round to decorate our house. Feels weird.

Added to that, I unleashed a shocking U-boat in the downstairs loo first thing this morning, and actually went a little light-headed at the pungent stench that engulfed me. I'd barely finished cleaning up when him and his doris were knocking at the front door earlier than scheduled. There was certainly still something hanging in the air, and not only that, he only went and started painting the frame of the toilet door. :facepalm:

None of us actually mentioned anything. But now my neighbours know my natural scent.

They know.

Sounds like you're all just going through the motions

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There was certainly still something hanging in the air, and not only that, he only went and started painting the frame of the toilet door.

They know.

Don't get over-emulsional.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You’ll have to sell up and move, your life is over now in that area but you can’t start afresh somewhere else where nobody knows you and your past.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

They know.

If it does come up I'm sure you can just gloss over it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

They know.

A ridiculous thread unless you can provide pictures of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Added to that, I unleashed a shocking U-boat in the downstairs loo first thing this morning, and actually went a little light-headed at the pungent stench that engulfed me. I'd barely finished cleaning up when him and his doris were knocking at the front door earlier than scheduled.There was certainly still something hanging in the air, and not only that, he only went and started painting the frame of the toilet door. :facepalm:

They know.

Unexpected start time? That's not on. You should keep a log. Or hold talks to clear the air

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset

They know.

I got to the bit about his wife being outside your bedroom door and I thought the story was going to take a 'Fireman Dan' turn, so I'm a bit disappointed now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s worse when you are working in someone’s house and they pop out for an hour or so to get something and you run desperately to the bog for a long overdue crap.
Then......... the front door opens and they return within a few minutes run op the stairs and try and enter the bathroom.

“Oh sorry *** but I need my car keys and they are on the vanity unit in there.”
Oh sweet Jesus and that was last week. That opening of the door just wide enough to get a bunch of keys through was awful.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Had a similar issue last week. I was laying a cable in our badly ventilated en suite. The door went, so I quickly nipped it and ran down to answer the door. It was a glazer who had come round unappointed to give a quote to replace a cracked pane of glass in, you’ve guessed it, the poorly ventilated en-suite. I swear the air in their was green when I showed him in to take a look...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

They know.

Did he need a stool to reach the top of the frame?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

They know.

That was a splendid read. Wonderment abounds at what the giggling was coming this front room.

Edit: Read it again and still giggling. It's the new Biggus Dickus sketch for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here