Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] There's always hope ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I know, from previous threads, that there have been some people struggling in the pandemic. I was one of them, just about keeping afloat in these past few months. I had been applying for jobs, but as I'm 64, I wasn't that hopeful.

However, I got lucky: I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks, ending a period of great uncertainty.

So, for all of you still struggling, there's always a chance that something comes up. Many businesses seem to be hiring again so let's hope that all of you get lucky.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Congratulations [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] :clap2:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Well done Gwylan - less chance to watch the cricket though!

Beaten to it in terms of cricket refs I see - too slow - call me Pascal(still a class player mind) - Pascal not me

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I know, from previous threads, that there have been some people struggling in the pandemic. I was one of them, just about keeping afloat in these past few months. I had been applying for jobs, but as I'm 64, I wasn't that hopeful.

However, I got lucky: I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks, ending a period of great uncertainty.

So, for all of you still struggling, there's always a chance that something comes up. Many businesses seem to be hiring again so let's hope that all of you get lucky.

Congratulations, really pleased for you and as you say, a positive message for others.

Good luck with the new job [emoji106]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
so delighted that you're in a better place now. :thumbsup:
You do realise he has a new job and hasn't, erm, "gone to the farm to play with the other animals"? :smile:

Congrats on the job - judging by the number of emails I keep getting from LinkedIn and the like, companies are definitely hiring again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Did the red shoes you wore at the interview help seal the deal?

Congrats Max, you're one of the good guys, so delighted that you're in a better place now. :thumbsup:

Better place? I'm not dead you know :)

I was interviewed over Zoom so my bottom half could have been naked for all they knew. I have a row of cricket balls on the shelf behind me - they caused some discussion. The Dutch HR manager was particularly perplexed

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After the financial crisis when I was having a miserable time trying and failing to get countless jobs I always used to keep in mind that "you only need 1 application to be successful".

Best of luck in your new employment !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was interviewed over Zoom...I have a row of cricket balls on the shelf behind me - they caused some discussion. The Dutch HR manager was particularly perplexed

Did you tell him they are your prized collection of Edam? No wonder he hired you :thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Congratulations. You’re not our new batting coach are you?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Congrats Max, all the best. Pity we didn't have the REMF quiz this year!

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset

Congratulations :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here