Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] F*** me, Lallana’s impressive

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What impresses me most with him is that he just seems to have more time than everyone around him, he finds a bit of space that means he isn't always having to beat someone to make a pass.

Still has lots of quality and the younger players in the team will learn a lot from him in terms of ability and his experience at the highest level.

sign of a great player ...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I hope he is doing his coaching badges.
I can see a job for him at the Albion in the future.

I'm pretty sure that was why he picked us over other options, we offered a route into coaching

Yep:

Adam Lallana has been tempted to Brighton & Hove Albion by the prospect of a move into coaching at the club when he hangs up his boots, according to The Athletic.

Lallana is leaving Liverpool this summer and a number of clubs have been linked with a move to snap him up.

Burnley, Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur were all mooted as possible destinations for Lallana.

However, Brighton have won the race and the midfielder will put pen to paper to a three-year contract, also accepting a pay cut on the £100,000 a week he is earning at Anfield.

Key for Lallana is the potential for him to slot into Brighton's coaching ranks when he retires from playing.

https://insidefutbol.com/2020/07/25...hing-path-key-to-adam-lallana-capture/466246/

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
well yes, but shouldn't he have learnt by now? He's over 30 isn't he? He can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo so he should always be looking to pass.

In some respects maybe, but some decision making is also based on knowledge of your team mates, their typical runs and positions, how they like to receive the ball and what they will do with the ball etc. This will take a bit of time.

There are many things to like about Llalana from his football prowess to his character, but thing I like a lot is there often seems little back-lift when he passes the ball. He will run with the ball and without shaping his body to pass, it will just ping off his boot, at pace, to a team mate.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’m really happy that he’s not only playing well, but completing and playing consecutive games. Because for a while it looked quite concerning seeing him only playing one half.

He’s been unreal of late, just sensational play and ridiculous vision. He and Bissouma must be one of the best midfield pairings in the league.

I mean I’m impressed by the two of them but this feels a wee tadge rose tinted glasses, glass half full type statement

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We've got the picture now, you don't think he can shoot, even though he has 70 league and international goals, in an injury hit career, that says you don't know what you're talking about...

1 goal in 26 matches this season
1 goal in 22 matches last season
0 goals in 16 matches the season before
0 goals in 15 matches the season before

60 of his 83 career goals were scored before 2015., the vast majority in League 1 and the Championship.

If he could shoot earlier in his career he seems to have forgotten in the last 4 seasons.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
He makes space for himself when there is no space and his first touch is absolutely world class.
Can't wait to see him play in the flesh for his off the ball movement and hear his voice barking orders at corners etc.
Just hope he stays fit enough now for that to happen

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
1 goal in 26 matches this season
1 goal in 22 matches last season
0 goals in 16 matches the season before
0 goals in 15 matches the season before

60 of his 83 career goals were scored before 2015., the vast majority in League 1 and the Championship.

If he could shoot earlier in his career he seems to have forgotten in the last 4 seasons.

I do sometimes despair as to why some people are on a football forum, when they clearly know very little about what constitutes a good footballer! *

* Edit - just checked, Lallana has scored 30 Premier League Goals and 36, in the Championship and League One. - so no, not the vast majority in the lower leagues.

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I do sometimes despair as to why some people are on a football forum, when they clearly know very little about what constitutes a good footballer! *

* Edit - just checked, Lallana has scored 30 Premier League Goals and 36, in the Championship and League One. - so no, not the vast majority in the lower leagues.

I'm not arguing that he's not a very good footballer. My point is that he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

I said in my post that 0 of his goals were scored before 2015 and, OF THOSE, the vast majority were scored in League 1 and the Championship. The exact number is 47 out of 60, a pretty serious majority. Of those 47 no less than 34 were scored in League 1.

Edit: All those figures include FA Cup and League Cup whilst in League 1, the Championship or the Premier League.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm not arguing that he's not a very good footballer. My point is that he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

I said in my post that 0 of his goals were scored before 2015 and, OF THOSE, the vast majority were scored in League 1 and the Championship. The exact number is 47 out of 60, a pretty serious majority. Of those 47 no less than 34 were scored in League 1.

Edit: All those figures include FA Cup and League Cup whilst in League 1, the Championship or the Premier League.

60,not 0!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice try [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION], but keeping people on topic is.....oh look, what's that? I had that Jane Mansfield in the back of my taxi, once. Mind you, the cat's been sick on the carpet. I keep tropical fish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMTCfjnP6Y

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2 goals in his last 79 matches. He was fairly prolific in 1 league 1 season many years ago, 20 in 56. His best ever season in the Prem is 10 in 42
The cow is still untouched.

He is a beautifully skilled player with the touch of a concert violinist. He doesn't score goals.

Doesn’t score goals doesn’t mean he ‘can’t hit a cows arse’ - 2 different things essentially. You’ve gone OTT on his shooting from the start and that’s why you’re getting a lot of disagreements in this thread - just from where I’m sitting..

He’s a brilliant footballer and not particularly a goal scorer - he’s doing just fine.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
2 goals in his last 79 matches. He was fairly prolific in 1 league 1 season many years ago, 20 in 56. His best ever season in the Prem is 10 in 42
The cow is still untouched.

He is a beautifully skilled player with the touch of a concert violinist. He doesn't score goals.

Stop digging.

The hole is already way over your head.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
At times he reminds me of when we had Wayne Bridge. Ticks along steady then does something incredible. Not able to be incredible 50% of the time or would be playing at the very top, but as long as not making mistakes and still having that spark often enough, then an extremely useful accompaniment to a young team. Can create the moments that win games without costing us any in return. Especially if he can make those around him better too.

Wayne Bridge, Lallana..... both players of class and distinction. From his interviews he seems a real professional with a good attitude. I once thought he would not last the season but now I hope he stays for next year.

As he is on a 3 year contract I expect the club hope he turns up for next season as well.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’m really happy that he’s not only playing well, but completing and playing consecutive games. Because for a while it looked quite concerning seeing him only playing one half.

He’s been unreal of late, just sensational play and ridiculous vision. He and Bissouma must be one of the best midfield pairings in the league.

Better than Eric Dier??? Surely not!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Klopp seemed to me to be more effusive about him than he needed to be when he left Liverpool.

He is the model professional Klopp said, thinks, cares about what he does and where he is done doing it in every respect. Passes the “no dickhead” policy with the greatest of ease. I hope he’s with us for a long time in whatever role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here