Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Graham Potter

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I have no problem with people bringing up CH, why not? He gave us some of our best ever times. Those two Championship seasons and our first year in the PL are my best memories of Albion achievements, topping Mullery and Poyet imo. I just don’t get why liking GP is in some way disrespectful to CH. It’s not a competition, I like both of them and follow how Forest are doing under him.

I think TB got it spot on with sacking CH and employing GP though :shrug:

Then we're almost agreement though I don't see why liking CH is disrespectful to GP.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Other than Bissouma I'd say our best players have been Veltman,Gross and March. Who are the Potter signings other than Veltman that are in the running?

I reckon Adam Webster has been excellent this season and certainly one of our best players.
Looking forward to seeing him back in the team.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think in terms of playing style, it's pretty clear GP is a step up from CH at this level.

Not in terms of results, though.

Yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I reckon Adam Webster has been excellent this season and certainly one of our best players.
Looking forward to seeing him back in the team.

This. And Lamps would have been but for his injury. Dunky wasn’t signed by either of them.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I reckon that a lack of whinging home crowds allowed him to blossom.

Prior to that, any errors were met by noisy lambasting.

Solly has benefited from empty stadia the most IMHO

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think in terms of playing style, it's pretty clear GP is a step up from CH at this level.

Nope but I think it will come. If not, well at least have we looked like we belong in this division recently. As you may have gathered I am easily pleased :smile:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Solly has benefited from empty stadia the most IMHO

Its frequently said that the team / individual players should be happy there are no fans around. Is the Brighton fanbase really that toxic?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That we weren't "competing with everyone" is complete revisionism.

In Hughton's first season in the PL we beat Man Utd and Arsenal at home, beat West Ham 6-1 on aggregate in doing the double over them and drew at home to Everton and Spurs, We deployed a low block against Man City because everyone below 10th did that season but we attacked Chelsea at home with wingbacks and the Greyhound on a licence to thrill, though it lost us the game 4-0. We had a dig at Liverpool and got taken to bits by Coutinho.

The difference was probably in how we tackled those below us. Swansea were dispatched 4-1 and West Brom 3-1 in the first season. It was the capitulations to Cardiff and Bournemouth that lost CH his job.

There are other anomalies of course. Many complained about CH's approach away, yet Potter has won FAR too few home games. CH was better against Palace, which are the two games that personally mean most to me each season as a fan. The one time CH attacked them we lost 3-2. He didn't make that mistake again.

A lot of our "too open" mistakes in that era were due to playing the Greyhound. Both Lamptey and Veltman are infinitely better players, and only available to Potter.

All extremely accurate. A lot of short memories where CH concerned.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Which ultimately are what matters.

There is more than one way of playing football and apparently yielding similar results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here