Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Horrific dental experience

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Had a dentist use a proper hammer and chisel on one of my wisdom teeth that had only partially erupted and had a root curved round a nerve in my bottom jaw. Had more chance of getting it out without causing nerve damage if he took it out in pieces apparently.

The wisdom tooth on the other side however was a standard wiggle pull and pop. By wiggle i mean dragging the pliers back and forth while someone held my held still until the thing moved. By pull i mean someone clamps my forhead to the chair while the other guy straddles my chest and does a king arthur impression on my tooth and pop was the noise the tooth made as it flew out my mouth and hit the light fitting in the ceiling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yep the nurse had to hold my head still as they twisted the ****er about and then it snapped - low down ... the rest was agonising in spite of several injections... how the hell our ancestors did it without pain relief is incomprehensible to me ... Jesus I feel like i’ve been beaten by a cave troll whilst eating lumps of a wasps nest.

tiz but a distant memory for me now.....gws mate..:thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Had a dentist use a proper hammer and chisel on one of my wisdom teeth that had only partially erupted and had a root curved round a nerve in my bottom jaw. Had more chance of getting it out without causing nerve damage if he took it out in pieces apparently.

The wisdom tooth on the other side however was a standard wiggle pull and pop. By wiggle i mean dragging the pliers back and forth while someone held my held still until the thing moved. By pull i mean someone clamps my forhead to the chair while the other guy straddles my chest and does a king arthur impression on my tooth and pop was the noise the tooth made as it flew out my mouth and hit the light fitting in the ceiling.

:lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This was our dentist of around five years or so - usually pretty good ... I guess things go wrong ... I was just lying there thinking the toothache wasn’t this bad - lol and (yes) why me ? Whilst trying to be polite and manly ... ha !

How could he not have known that you had curved root if he had X-rays in your file ? Then he could have planned for a surgical procedure before breaking the tooth trying to get it out.

I feel your pain as I had to have bone gafts to enable me to have a couple of implants and that was horrendous but I was prepared for them before sitting down in the chair and the dentist had planned in advance for what was needed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My last wisdom tooth was extracted by a rather attractive little lady dentist in Edinburgh, many years ago. The poor lass had a real struggle and worked up quite a sweat. She had to clamber all over me to get enough leverage, and finished up kneeling on my chest.

I rather enjoyed it .............................

You as such a " Tramp ". :)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Beat me to it.....:lolol:

I actually mentioned this to the two ladies doing the surgery, being such a nice bloke (albeit in agony) I said: it’s okay, I mean it’s not like giving birth (I would imagine) they both laughed and said, yep you’ve got that right!

We’re not all bad you know ;)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
By way of an update ....

After a terrible night, I’m still bleeding ... a lot ... so I’m off for more torture.

Wish me luck.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
So i went in for a ‘simple extraction’

Well, let’s just say I was in the chair for an hour and a half - covered in blood with a snapped tooth and shrapnel left in my jaw that all manner of Homebase tools failed to remove. I’ve had stitches and, you know what, I feel like shit.

Apparently I have curved roots - thus removing my teeth is like pulling up a 250 year old beech with a garden spade.

Anyone else had a similar experience... ? I ended up with two dentists in the room - at that point I was about ready to cry. They were panic stricken - I actually thought; I’m going to throw up... man! that sucked.

Actually I think I’m about to cry now.

I hope you're feeling better today

Edit: i just saw your update post. Good luck today.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Wow - again that sounds horrific... glad you recovered.

Thanks - I had to drive home which was interesting... ermmm borderline dangerous. Actually it’s the first time I’ve been grateful for a face mask, as I walked through town to my car hiding my swollen jaw and drool...

They were like; are you okay? (errrmm no I’m not really) but I HAD to get out of there ... £100 lighter too ... paying for torture really isn’t my bag !!

I was in agony with an infected wisdom tooth. Can't remember how much I paid to get it removed but at the time they could have charged me pretty much anything and I would have paid up.

Feb 9, 2020
Slightly off thread, but has anyone had experience of dental implants? I'm supposed to be going to my first session today (drilling out and fitting the implant). The list of possible risks in their letter is a bit daunting to say the least - drilling into sinuses, bent roots on nearby teeth and yes - pain! I've had some pretty horrific experiences in the past. Any info gratefully recieved.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I was in agony with an infected wisdom tooth. Can't remember how much I paid to get it removed but at the time they could have charged me pretty much anything and I would have paid up.
Had the same (molar not wisdom) but had to wait an entire weekend from Friday night to Monday. Saw an emergency dentist who was pissed and wearing party gear under the white coat on Saturday night who did nothing, Sunday went to A and E and begged for help. Nothing took the pain away apart from ice cold water and the pain without it after 5 mins had me screaming in agony. I was seriously thinking Pliers. No sleep for 48 hours and I would have given the dentist anything on Monday morning, especially when he injected the local anaesthetic. Easy extraction though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Being of a certain age I had the experience, as a child, of the female German dentist at the Morley Street School Clinic. I was traumatised when after having to wear that awful gas mask, I went home with half the teeth extracted still in my gums. Had to go back where she dug them out with her knee on my chest. A81FACDD-1FC1-4D1B-904A-51251F621711.jpeg

I’ll never forget her saying “ Open your mouse”

Being of a certain age I had the experience, as a child, of the female German dentist at the Morley Street School Clinic. I was traumatised when after having to wear that awful gas mask, I went home with half the teeth extracted still in my gums. Had to go back where she dug them out with her knee on my chest. View attachment 135895

I’ll never forget her saying “ Open your mouse”

Blimey i went there!. as a youngster i had major issues with my teeth - had about 8 extractions before my 13th birthday as i still had my milk teeth!.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I got asked who shot me after a visit to the dentist in my late 20's, turns out that the pellet didn't just bounce out when I was shot in the face at 16, the pellet was clearly visible on the x-ray he'd taken. I went to Roehampton hospital for a minor procedure to cut the gum and fish out the pellet that was sat above/around the roots. They did that, found nothing; they then decided it had entered the sinus cavity and said they wanted to drill through the jaw and remove it. OK I said, the drilling through the jaw bone really is quite horrible, vibrates through your head. They had problems getting through, I was surrounded by 3 of them, one of them saying he'd never seen anything like that done under a local before. It was horrendous, especially when they sucked out the pellet and put my sinus' under negative pressure, awful feeling. I left, pale and shaky wondering what the hell had just happened, having to drive home as I thought it was going to be a minor procedure.

I then started suffering from sinus infections, whole face swollen and puss burst through my gum. Infection kept returning after antibiotics so had surgery to go in through the nose to the cavity and clean it out - this time under general. Infections returned again so there was repeat surgery, going in through the jaw. They realised that I had a split sinus cavity on one side so the bit they were cleaning out wasn't the infected area, so they had to break through and clean it all out one final time. The last operation resulted in them packing out the cavity with something like bandages - I had to return after a week to have them pulled out through the hole in my jaw. It was like some sick magic trick with this endless bandage coming out of my mouth - horrendously uncomfortable and this twattish seragant major type saying "good patient" as I yelled. He was used to dealing with facial injuries in the Northern Ireland troubles and took his military bed manner into the private sector.

An absolutely horrendous experience that lasted years, I suffer sinus headaches now when I get a cold as a result. Don't get shot is my recommendation. It's not worth it.

I also lost a tooth when a dentist did route canal and a crown, ramming the post through the tooth root and hence causing infections endlessly. Tried to pursue the dentist for compensation before finding out most private dentists are a collection of self employed dentists and when he left I had no comeback. Tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here