Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] World Snooker

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's the big one starting this weekend in Sheffield and with 33% audiences from the first round and ramping up to full capacity for the final will be one of the first major sporting events in a year that will almost appear normal. Just who will get their hands on the holy grail for all snooker professionals, the coveted World Championship trophy and a winners cheque for a cool £500,000??

???

An absolutely sensational draw this morning, John Parrott and James 'Arg' Argent picked out some absolute crackers, the pick of them highlighted below:

The Rocket' Ronnie O’Sullivan (1) vs 'The Walsall Weapon' Mark Joyce
Stamina Man' Ricky Walden vs 'Licensed to Thrill' Anthony McGill (16)
'Pot Noodle' Ding Junhui (9) vs 'Ball Run' Stuart Bingham
The Welsh Warrior' Jamie Jones vs 'On Fire' Stephen Maguire (8)
The Wizard of Wishaw' John Higgins (5) vs Tian 'The Pengiun' Pengfei
Sam 'Bam Bam' Craigie vs 'The Welsh Potting Machine' Mark Williams (12)
The Pistol' Mark Allen (13) vs Lyu 'The Trojan Horse' Haotian
The Determined Viking' Kurt Maflin vs 'The Jester from Leicester' Mark Selby (4)
The Thunder from Down Under' Neil Robertson (3) vs 'The Fearless' Liang Wenbo
The Captain' Ali Carter vs 'Jack-Pot' Jack Lisowski (14)
Barry 'The Hawk' Hawkins (11) vs Matthew 'The Blue Belt' Selt
'Sexbomb' Gary Wilson vs 'The Warrior' Kyren Wilson (6)
'The Magician' Shaun Murphy (7) vs 'The Battler from Hastings' Mark Davis
The Pinner Potter' Martin Gould vs 'The Tiger' Yan Bingtao (10)
The Angry Farmer' David Gilbert (15) vs Chris 'Chrissy Boy' Wakelin
The Swindon Shark' Liam Highfield vs 'Mr Haircut 100' Judd Trump (2)

Lets get the boys.......on the baize!!!

:O :O

:clap:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had to look them up but you have used real nicknames. Amazing how much "casual racism" there is in snooker nicknames. Not only Pot Noodle but Hong Kong Fuey (Also Cue-Man-Fu). An apparently Allison Fisher was the Duchess of Doom. Think a few of us have one of them at home.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fascinating ding dong (pardon the pun) battle between Pot Noodle and Ball Run this afternoon, still some tickets available for their 2nd session tomorrow, should be terrific entertainment.

Tonights clashes both on an absolute knife edge, Licence to Thrill leading Stamina Man by one and Sexbomb leading the Warrior also by one frame, would be a fool to predict which way either of these games will go.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Is anyone disturbed by how the pandemic has caused Neil Robertson to metamorphose into Art Garfunkel?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a shame that Ding and Bingham got pulled off at 9-9 by the referee. Relief for Dong - coming from behind - but now they've got to wait until late tonight to play the decider.

Agonising.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Steve Davis - "I was on the other table this afternoon and I could only see one pocket. There were plenty of balls going in and I think they were Judd's."

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What a shame that Ding and Bingham got pulled off at 9-9 by the referee. Relief for Dong - coming from behind - but now they've got to wait until late tonight to play the decider.

Agonising.

Shouldn't have to wait too long, the Pistol is in fine form and should have his match wrapped up before the mid session interval.

Always good to see the Hawk at the Crucible, a very popular figure on the circuit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't really watch it anymore because these days it is cuffing boring and announcing the players into the arena like basketball players is a joke as they then settle down to hit the ball 2mm and re-rack.
Anyhow what i have noticed from the little I have seen so far is that there seems to be a huge Chinese influence now, are the Chinese propping this borefest up.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ball run Bingham prevails 10-9 but Ding threw it away with a 40-point lead.

Sussex is represented this morning with 'the battler from Hastings' Mark Davis taking on Shaun Murphy. Hope he wins. :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ball run Bingham prevails 10-9 but Ding threw it away with a 40-point lead.

Sussex is represented this morning with 'the battler from Hastings' Mark Davis taking on Shaun Murphy. Hope he wins. :thumbsup:

Tough ask against the Magician but write off the Battler from Hastings at your peril.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't really watch it anymore because these days it is cuffing boring and announcing the players into the arena like basketball players is a joke as they then settle down to hit the ball 2mm and re-rack.
Anyhow what i have noticed from the little I have seen so far is that there seems to be a huge Chinese influence now, are the Chinese propping this borefest up.

Sorry to hear you feel that way about snooker, Raleigh Chopper. Darts is going through a bit of a lull at the moment.

There are quite a few players in the game that go through the same problems that we can all face on a day-to-day basis and raise awareness of it, whether that be depression, cancer, divorce, Crohn's disease or grief. Opening up surely has to be a good thing and can encourage others.

Judd to win his second world crown. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here