Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Live - Glamorgan v Sussex - Cardiff, Apr 15 - 18 2021, County Championship

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
50 for van Zyl

:clap2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Another fine session for our young Sussex team, SVZ batting his way back into form and Haines carrying on from the Lancs game.

Long may it continue.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
How many test matches do Ireland play? And how many do England?

What do you reckon the respective pay rates are? Why does Morgan play for England? Come to think of it, why do Stokes, Archer and Roy play for England?

It's not a good state of affairs. International cricket is in a sorry mess because everything is loaded in favour of three teams who have a financial clout that the others can only dream of. New Zealand are punching way, way above their weight right now but I don't think that will last and the long term future isn't good unless something changes

I know what you mean, I would assume as well that England would be the obvious choice. But I think recently I heard Boyd Rankin saying he would pick Ireland over England if back then things were like they are now. I don't personally think a great deal of change has changed, but I wonder if here has been a shift in mentality for Irish players. If Ireland were to play more tests would players feel obliged to be the ones to build them up to a better level? I'm not sure, I still think he'd probably pick England, but its just interesting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Another fine session for our young Sussex team, SVZ batting his way back into form and Haines carrying on from the Lancs game.

Long may it continue.

Big season for Haines, since his maiden century at Arundel he has struggled.

Started well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I know what you mean, I would assume as well that England would be the obvious choice. But I think recently I heard Boyd Rankin saying he would pick Ireland over England if back then things were like they are now. I don't personally think a great deal of change has changed, but I wonder if here has been a shift in mentality for Irish players. If Ireland were to play more tests would players feel obliged to be the ones to build them up to a better level? I'm not sure, I still think he'd probably pick England, but its just interesting.

I suppose it would depend whether he felt more Irish than British or not. With a name like Carson, I can certainly see him picking England over Ireland :lolol:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I suppose it would depend whether he felt more Irish than British or not. With a name like Carson, I can certainly see him picking England over Ireland :lolol:

He certainly seems like a really good prospect, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he progresses this season.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
373/6 (93 overs)

Only 17 overs left to get the 27 runs required for the 5th batting bonus point. With 6 down, there is NO CHANCE they will do this.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Sussex in their first innings now have a lead of 103 over Glamorgan.

Sussex 388/6

George Garton 54 not out
Ollie Robinson 25 not out

Another 12 runs needed for our 5 maximum batting points.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yay, a fifth batting bonus point. When was the last time we got one of those?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here