Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Live - Glamorgan v Sussex - Cardiff, Apr 15 - 18 2021, County Championship

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That Carson is a real find - spinners don't tend to mature until well in their 20s. He looks nailed on to be an England player if he carries on like this

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The buffets opened early in Cardiff.

Sussex 84/0 off 17 overs

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This Glamorgan commentator is pretty dozy - he can't appear to tell the difference between a left hander and a right hander

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of Play, Day One

Glamorgan 285 all out

Sussex 99-0 (23 overs) :clap:

Aaron Thomason 52* Tom Haines 43*

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well that’s our competent day of cricket done for this summer

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well that’s our competent day of cricket done for this summer

I doubt that we're going to get as much buffet bowling as that - Weighell and Douthwaite were giving Thomason a feast of half-trackers. What made it worse was that Glamorgan had four slips and a gully so the batters had a lot of empty space to play with

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
That Carson is a real find - spinners don't tend to mature until well in their 20s. He looks nailed on to be an England player if he carries on like this

Do you think he'd choose England over Ireland? I would assume he would, but you never know.

They were saying on the radio commentary that the pitch wasn't giving much, but he bowled really well to get his wickets. Very promising.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Now we've avoided the follow-on, I'm sure we can all breathe a sigh of relief. At least we won't be COMPLETELY humiliated.

In other news, Hampshire's Mohammad Abbas has an impressive Michelle against Middlesex already - 5 for 3 off 4 overs! (Middx 14/5)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Now we've avoided the follow-on, I'm sure we can all breathe a sigh of relief. At least we won't be COMPLETELY humiliated.

In other news, Hampshire's Mohammad Abbas has an impressive Michelle against Middlesex already - 5 for 3 off 4 overs! (Middx 14/5)

Collapse.png

So nice to see another county "do a Sussex"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Do you think he'd choose England over Ireland? I would assume he would, but you never know.

They were saying on the radio commentary that the pitch wasn't giving much, but he bowled really well to get his wickets. Very promising.

How many test matches do Ireland play? And how many do England?

What do you reckon the respective pay rates are? Why does Morgan play for England? Come to think of it, why do Stokes, Archer and Roy play for England?

It's not a good state of affairs. International cricket is in a sorry mess because everything is loaded in favour of three teams who have a financial clout that the others can only dream of. New Zealand are punching way, way above their weight right now but I don't think that will last and the long term future isn't good unless something changes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here