Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Glasgow or McDonalds ?

Maccies or Glasgae ?

• McDonalds 24 hours OBVIOUSLY. Get those Big Mac meals down my GULLET

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Trip to GLASGAE. Catch up on my reading innit.

Votes: 40 46.5%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That Peter Crouch podcast had a good subject the other day. It was on about FORFEITS for whoever finished the season bottom of a Fantasy Football league (amongst mates). Two of the forfeits they read out for someone who finished last:

1. The loser must spend an entire 24 hours sat in a McDonalds. But 1 hour is knocked off for every McDonalds meal they eat.

2. The loser must get a National Express coach from London to Glasgow. Upon arriving in Glasgow, no pubs or dinners - they must the get the VERY next coach straight back to London.

McDonalds is so, so dismal I'm leaning towards the road trip. What say yea ? Poll to follow...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does a happy meal count? I reckon I could do about 12 of those, over a couple of hours, to release me from my McDonalds jail in quick time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does a happy meal count? I reckon I could do about 12 of those, over a couple of hours, to release me from my McDonalds jail in quick time.

It wasn't specified to be fair. But if I were in charge then no, kids / happy meals would be totally off limits. Not having that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just checked - the only coach journeys, in each direction, are overnight so "the VERY next coach back to London" involves being in Glasgow for about 14 hours, meaning the whole thing would take up close to 36 hours of your life.

McDonalds is the winner for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get there at opening o'clock and I'd be out before they stopped serving Bacon & Egg McMuffins.

I'd probably take a McMuffin meal home with me for later.

The thought of traveling to north Horsham by bus is truly terrifying.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 23.01.12.png

£66.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Why does it take 5 mins longer to get back from Glasgow when it's downhill? ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ive driven to Glasgow several times, would be more interesting than 24hrs (or 12 with several meals) in a McD.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Having a history of catching the bus btw Brighton and Newcastle during my uni days I can categorically say I’d willingly head to McDonalds for my forfeit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Coach trip. It stops at various places either way, so you can easily buy food & drink, it’s got a toilet on board, you can read a book or have a sleep.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I've just checked - the only coach journeys, in each direction, are overnight so "the VERY next coach back to London" involves being in Glasgow for about 14 hours, meaning the whole thing would take up close to 36 hours of your life.

McDonalds is the winner for me.

Thorough research for an event that'll never happen.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I do enjoy looking out the window on long coach trips so I would quite enjoy the coach trip to Glasgow,but it would be dependent on having a window seat and daytime traveling.
24hrs in a MacDonalds could easily be brought down to 18 hours with 6 meals so not so bad.
Only problem with being in one of those 24hours MacDonalds is all the after pub/club crowd which can be an annoyance.
I've just read bozza saying the coach is overnight to Glasgow so defenitly MacDonalds for me please.
Can I bend the rules and hire a comfy car and sit in a the car park of a MacDonalds that has a drive though order/pick up point?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I do enjoy looking out the window on long coach trips so I would quite enjoy the coach trip to Glasgow,but it would be dependent on having a window seat and daytime traveling.
24hrs in a MacDonalds could easily be brought down to 18 hours with 6 meals so not so bad.
Only problem with being in one of those 24hours MacDonalds is all the after pub/club crowd which can be an annoyance.
I've just read bozza saying the coach is overnight to Glasgow so defenitly MacDonalds for me please.
Can I bend the rules and hire a comfy car and sit in a the car park of a MacDonalds that has a drive though order/pick up point?

It is supposed to be punishment, I don't think that dogging is allowed.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Difficult choice as McDonalds is the last place on Earth I would want to eat and hang out and Glasgow is probably my least favourite city in the UK that I’ve visited.

I’d refuse on the grounds of insanity. However I would offer to hang out at the Savoy’s American bar all day !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
14 hours in Glasgow doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me - it's a great city.

I quite like the sound of the trip actually £44 return (with my coach card), a kip on the way there and sleep it off on the way back.

24 minutes in McD is enough for me,so I'll skip that

(I'm actually second bottom of a Fantasy League at the moment, so there could be ramifications for me)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here