Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ondrej Kudela banned.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Salvia Prague’s Ondrej Kudela has been given a 10 game ban by EUFA for racially abusing Rangers player Glen Kamara.

Glen Kamara got a 3 game ban for ‘assaulting another player’ during the incident.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Salvia Prague’s Ondrej Kudela has been given a 10 game ban by EUFA for racially abusing Rangers player Glen Kamara.

Glen Kamara got a 3 game ban for ‘assaulting another player’ during the incident.

Could he not argue that he was just providing some SAGE advice? ???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
3 games less than Trippier got for telling his mate he had anew job.

You’ve got to love EUFA.

Kick it out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Banning Kamara at all tells you everything you need to know about the football authorities.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, what is UEFA's reasoning for also banning Kamara? Surely if the Finn is guilty then Kamara should be exonerated?

I don't have enough details, so this is a question.

Is UEFA institutionally blind* to this?

(or racist?)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Punishments sound about right to me

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
10 game ban?

Most decent employers would rightly class racial abuse as gross misconduct and grounds for instant dismissal. Whilst UEFA aren't the employer they have powers than go far beyond a short ban.

Kick it out? Ha!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Punishments sound about right to me

Wouldn’t racially abusing someone while in the work place usually result in you being dismissed for gross misconduct?

It should have been at least a season long ban, which would in effect end his career.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Not sure I agree with this. Rangers kicked hell out of the opposition all game. Blood, stud marks and nasty gashes everywhere on the Prague players but one racial slur and all hell breaks loose.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
They should have said the next ban will be double and then double etc That would build up to a life ban and there could be fewer arguments.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure I agree with this. Rangers kicked hell out of the opposition all game. Blood, stud marks and nasty gashes everywhere on the Prague players but one racial slur and all hell breaks loose.

That, my friend, is whataboutery.

It's the sort of reasoning that used to be used by men who'd given their missus a slap.

suedy

suedygull
Aug 8, 2010
burgess hill

Really??I watched quite a bit of this game and apart from Roofes accidental challenge on the keeper whilst going for the ball -which he was rightly red carded for and cost Rangers any chance of getting back into the game I don’t recall any other bad challenges.Balogun was sent off for 2 yellows but not that many other yellows.The best team won as well.
Anyway doesn’t excuse any racist comments at all.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Please tell me i have been wooshed and that you posted that with your tongue in your cheek or that it is just a misguided wind up.
Or are you just a backward ignorant bell end.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

It was a dirty game on Rangers part , nobody is denying that. They had 2 men sent off, quite rightly.
That is absolutely no excuse for racial abuse.

If EUFA don’t make a stand, and they could in this particular case, as there is really no denying that the offensive remarks were made by Kudela, then, they are missing an opportunity to use this as proof that racism will not be tolerated at any level.

Unfortunately, they believe that a 10 game ban is a strong enough sanction, personally, I think a season ban for the player, and a 2 season ban from European competition for the club,would set the benchmark.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So, what is UEFA's reasoning for also banning Kamara? Surely if the Finn is guilty then Kamara should be exonerated?

I don't have enough details, so this is a question.

Is UEFA institutionally blind* to this?

(or racist?)
Kamara physically assaulted him in the tunnel after the match. The 3 match ban was for the assault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here