Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RIP Threads

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I was going to try and time this post for a point when there did not appear to be a 'RIP Brian who played Triangle on Backstreet Boys cover of Dark side of the Moon' style thread on the board, as it might look as though I'm being disrespectful to the deceased or the OP, I'm not. However, as backs up the point of the thread, there appears to always be RIP threads on NSC. Whilst I mean to ill will to the deceased, should we not cut the numbers down a little? Could we not keep it to key names from the footballing world? or just major figures ? (yes, i know this is subjective but there has to be a line somewhere)

Cue the flaming...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say about 70-80% of threads on NSC don't really interest me - and that's fine, I just don't open them. I don't feel like RIP threads would be top of my list to get rid of.

Each to their own, I suppose.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't generally RIP people I don't personally know so will mostly avoid the threads.

The threads are OK though.

Live and let live. Or not in this case.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Not interested? Scroll past. Not everyone needs to comment on everything. If you don't have anything nice to say, just keep schtum? Good advice for real life too, that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was going to try and time this post for a point when there did not appear to be a 'RIP Brian who played Triangle on Backstreet Boys cover of Dark side of the Moon' style thread on the board, as it might look as though I'm being disrespectful to the deceased or the OP, I'm not. However, as backs up the point of the thread, there appears to always be RIP threads on NSC. Whilst I mean to ill will to the deceased, should we not cut the numbers down a little? Could we not keep it to key names from the footballing world? or just major figures ? (yes, i know this is subjective but there has to be a line somewhere)

Cue the flaming...

So - just to be clear - is that Kim Kardashian / Kanye West / Eminem get a thread, but Shirley Williams / Paul Ritter / Christopher Plummer don't?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...'RIP Brian who played Triangle on Backstreet Boys cover of Dark side of the Moon'...

Sad news that's been kept quiet.

But he'd want it that way.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Should Bernie Madoff get one?

Perhaps his son? He discovered the scheme, shipped his Dad to the feds, then committed suicide a short while later? No evidence he knew anything of the workings of the scheme and showed genuine remorse

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
So - just to be clear - is that Kim Kardashian / Kanye West / Eminem get a thread, but Shirley Williams / Paul Ritter / Christopher Plummer don't?

I could not have put it in a more ornery fashion myself. I'd be happy for them all to stop but appreciate that that won't happen. I just think less is more in this case. There are so many now their value is diminished.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the thread is about someone I have known about, and means something to me, I'll join in with a RIP from me too.

If it's somebody I've never heard of or somebody that meant nothing to me, like for instance a reality TV 'star' I'll just leave the thread alone. I might google the name out of curiosity, but won't add comments.

Can't see any problem with that, or with RIP threads in general.

(Spoof ones deserve a ban though - https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387187-Tony-Hart-RIP )

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If the thread is about someone I have known about, and means something to me, I'll join in with a RIP from me too.

If it's somebody I've never heard of or somebody that meant nothing to me, like for instance a reality TV #star' I'll just leave the thread alone. I might google the name out of curiosity, but won't add comments.

Can't see any problem with that, or with RIP threads in general.

(Spoof ones deserve a ban though - https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387187-Tony-Hart-RIP

This.....why single out RIP threads ? Just ignore anything not of interest :shrug:
I quite like some of the RIP threads - people recalling/posting clips of said individual, personal encounters etc etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here