Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Christopher Walken - list the films ?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If you want a laugh, check out Walken's hilarious over acting in the full motion video game "Ripper"... Absolute gold.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
How the hell has this master piece not been mentioned, probably one of the best scenes ever in a film.

https://youtu.be/Jsh4SvPdfl8

Buffalo Seagull did mention it in #6 ...

True Romance is my favourite Tarantino film ... actually strike that ... my favourite film ever!! That scene is incredible the way the two of them make it what it is.

I'm also a big Walken fan ... recently watched The Deer Hunter and have just recorded A Last Quartet to watch.

I could just sit and listen to his voice ... whatever he's saying!!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Found him making a typically excellent turn in the random BBC Worricker trilogy episode 2: Turks and Caicos. He plays a washed up CIA operative with classic aplomb. Sure he’s typically type cast but he’s just so bloody good at his one character it doesn’t matter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Didn't he turn up as a baddie in one of the Roger Moore Bond films? playing a psycho of course...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone wanna tell me (and [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]) they don't want a piece of this:-

It turns out, if you can cope with Spanish subtitles, you can even watch King right now on YouTube.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
King of New York - a bad miss by you.
Country Bears - less so. :lol:

Look up King on IMDB and you'll have watched it by the weekend - bonkers tonkers film.

After watching come back to me for addition, complimentary homework.

King of New York is absolutely brilliant and peak Walken. I second the recommendation.

I looked for the film to watch back when this thread was started and couldn't find it available. I think it seemed to be a mafia movie like goodfellas and such and they don't tend to be my bag. But randomly I discovered today that it is on amazon's digital movie platforms three times. Well, one of the versions of it lists the film as unavailable. One version is available if you subscribe to the Arrow channel. The third version is standard prime video where it is also available. So I watched it on the laptop with this evening's football on the TV in the background.

I really enjoyed it (and barely glanced at the football). So much seemed so over the top in a fun way, and what a cast - laurence fishburne, david caruso, wesley snipes, steve buscemi, giancarlo esposito, vanessa angel, Theresa Randle, and a young Harold Perrineau.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
True romance, very briefly when he puts his hands together.
He's not in the film for long but it's one of my all time favourite scenes, his speech is amazing, "You tell the angels in heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I looked for the film to watch back when this thread was started and couldn't find it available. I think it seemed to be a mafia movie like goodfellas and such and they don't tend to be my bag. But randomly I discovered today that it is on amazon's digital movie platforms three times. Well, one of the versions of it lists the film as unavailable. One version is available if you subscribe to the Arrow channel. The third version is standard prime video where it is also available. So I watched it on the laptop with this evening's football on the TV in the background.

I really enjoyed it (and barely glanced at the football). So much seemed so over the top in a fun way, and what a cast - laurence fishburne, david caruso, wesley snipes, steve buscemi, giancarlo esposito, vanessa angel, Theresa Randle, and a young Harold Perrineau.

You think you enjoyed it, strap this to your ears:-

‘King of New York’ With Quentin Tarantino, Bill Simmons, and Sean Fennessey

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/16...tin-tarantino-bill-simmons-and-sean-fennessey

For those that follow my work!
The least surprising news of the day is that your addition complimentary homework is a Rewatchables pod.
(A top 3 pod - therefore I can't understand why everyone doesn't listen)

Anyhoo Bill gave QT a 3 film option and King was one of them (Unstoppable being another, the 3rd escapes me for a moment).
Naturally Q takes the episode very 'inside Hollywood' but I remember it as a great, equally bonkers, listen.

If I didn't have a Wednesday backlog of pods, I'd probably give it another listen, but that will have to wait.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
He's in a thing coming out soon on BBC which I assume is a comedy with Stephen Merchant of all people.

Offenders.

E1NEzYnXEAoRCtI.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] thanks to you I have managed to procrastinate my day today with the King Of New York.

First the pod then the film.

I am now going to force you to listen to the pod by telling you it reminded me of the most glorious of glorious casting stories involving:-

Laurence Fishburne
Samuel L Jackson
Paul Calderon

& the part of...

... Jules Winnfield

Don't you dare try and tell me you're not interested in that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] thanks to you I have managed to procrastinate my day today with the King Of New York.

First the pod then the film.

I am now going to force you to listen to the pod by telling you it reminded me of the most glorious of glorious casting stories involving:-

Laurence Fishburne
Samuel L Jackson
Paul Calderon

& the part of...

... Jules Winnfield

Don't you dare try and tell me you're not interested in that.

I listened to the pod yesterday while at work. It, too, was fun. I liked that part.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I listened to the pod yesterday while at work. It, too, was fun. I liked that part.
Glad you enjoyed it.

If you wish to dive into the back catalogue, don't be put off by the lack of understanding regarding the categories.

They're 200 films in and Sean still has no idea.
I completely understand what the categories signify, right up until Fennessay starts questioning them, at which point I go to pieces. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here