Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Radio commentary 're-runs'

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have an elderly friend who is a lifelong Albion fan. She suffers from dementia and is used to listening to ko's on a Saturday with occasional random deviations. Her health is deteriorating and the current ko times are basically past her bedtime.
She only listens on the wireless and is used to pronunciations of names not being perfect but it seems that there are no commentary repeats on the radio webpage. She'd love to listen to the repeats but I can't seem to find them. Do any exist?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because football disappeared up its backside over money a long time ago, I think it’s all wrapped up in rights and that’s why you can’t easily find them. Does Seagull player keep them after broadcast? That might be best bet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could you not go "old school" and record the commentary for her onto a cassette tape to play the next day ? Maybe someone has an old radio/cassette recorder gathering dust in an attic, or I expect you could pick one up online or in a charity shop.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Thank you, but it needs to be up to date (within a week/year or two). Basically needs to be JC and Warren and a PL match, preferably without a reference to the date. :down:

Might be a long shot, but have you tried contacting the club they might be able to help get access to some of the recordings/replays of games.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Thanks everyone. :)
I actually think I'm going to go with the Old Skool cassette method. I'm not going to admit to still having the facility in my lounge though! She'll know how to use a cassette player and I wouldn't be surprised if she still has a player. I didn't think I'd be tracking down some TDK's again! I'm looking forward to untangling them from a machine again! :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks everyone. :)
I actually think I'm going to go with the Old Skool cassette method. I'm not going to admit to still having the facility in my lounge though! She'll know how to use a cassette player and I wouldn't be surprised if she still has a player. I didn't think I'd be tracking down some TDK's again! I'm looking forward to untangling them from a machine again! :clap2:

Maybe you could record the top 40 for her off Radio One as well :D

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's a real shame - the commentaries from Johnny and Warren from the promotion season are etched in my head and I used to enjoy listening back to the goals in the week after a match. Now Radio Sussex can't even play their own commentary on their own Albion Unlimited podcast. If this is down to the club then shame on them, if it's the PL then shame on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here