Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Motorcycle Parking @ the Amex

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I've always travelled by train or car in the past. Just been looking at the BHAFC website and I see there is free on site parking for motorcycles, no other info though. Says it's first come first served and limited space. Anyone travel by motorcycle and how many can they park.

Fancy trying this when we can go back

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I use my bike every time it isn't raining. Limited to bloody hundreds of bikes. Never ever been an issue, even when the 'official' space is rammed, they open up another section for us. Car park blokes very helpful.

No queuing to get on, no crowds, zip past the traffic, social distancing easily maintained. Perfect.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I use my bike every time it isn't raining. Limited to bloody hundreds of bikes. Never ever been an issue, even when the 'official' space is rammed, they open up another section for us. Car park blokes very helpful.

No queuing to get on, no crowds, zip past the traffic, social distancing easily maintained. Perfect.

That's brillaint, thank you. Will definitely be giving that a go then.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
It’s another Triumph of the stadium planning that this works so well.

I’ve used the motorbike parking many times and as mentioned, is superb in its simplicity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As you pull in, it's Honda left.

I was getting on well with a girl in the pub. When it came to home time I asked if could go back to hers for some action. She apologised and said she was on her menstrual cycle. I said “no problem, I can follow on my Honda”

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
There's a small-holding with chickens by the traffic lights at the start of Village Way. You could park it there behind the 'Enfield?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Is parking your motorcycle at the Amex a problem?
Norton your nelly.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Dragging this thread back to sensible territory, what do you do with your Crash Helmet? Have never fancied locking them to the bike although don't suppose my 25 year old Arai is worth nicking! Memo to self: Get yourself a new lid for 2021...

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
The stewards let you / insist you put in a cupboard usually unlocked but never been a problem. Suggest you take a bag to stop it getting scratched or knocked by other helmets plonked on top.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've ridden quite a few trimes, last time with my son as pillion, we walked straight in, with lids, no problem. It is by far the best way to get in and out,

Actually, thinking about it, the last time we went there were 3 of us, all with big lids, but we were in the 1901 club.

I did ride over with Zuk a Japanese chap once, he parked in the wrong place, when he refused to move they tried to Sue Zuki

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The stewards let you / insist you put in a cupboard usually unlocked but never been a problem. Suggest you take a bag to stop it getting scratched or knocked by other helmets plonked on top.

But make sure that the bag isn't over A4 sized! (Barber's latest nonsensical and unexplained diktat). I think I read that the cupboards were no longer going to be available - but I can't remember where.

ETA Yes I can. Here it is

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1755294/return-of-fans-more-details

Not quite sure why the bag size reduction is "due to the pandemic" but then I didn't understand the (unexplained) reasons for banning flasks and bottle tops either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here