Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] All Of A Sudden

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think you’re just on a bit of a power trip, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Extremely low humidity at the moment. Makes my beard go all frizzy.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I regularly get shocked at work, the aluminium sheets I work with have a protective pvc layer to stop them getting scratched.

We have a loader that puts them on the laser bed but it regularly picks up several at once so we have to stop it and unstick them.

When the sheets separate you can see blue flashes of static as they separate. Then we come along and have to touch it so regularly get quite a substantial bolt!

What isn't pleasant is that I've usually got my headphones in so the current travels up the cable and I get shocked in my ears which is really unpleasant!

Me and the other bloke have even started playing rock, paper,scissors to decide who has to go electrocuted next.....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Get into the habit of using a key or similar to touch something that's earthed. You get a jolt because the static jumps from you to another surface with a different potential. Holding a key means it doesn't spark from your skin to the other surface, it sparks from the key.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The Mrs was saying earlier she's been getting a lot of static shocks from stroking the cat recently. Thought she was talking bollocks as usual but the cat looked pretty pissed off so I guess it was true.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've been hoping for lots of electricity puns on this thread, but hardly any. Then, ohm my God - another one appears!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Flat fact , people who wear nylon pants are truly shocking .

Back in the early 80s I worked in Nat West, and we had those big sit in computers. They would cut-out / short circuit on a relatively regular basis, and it was usually blamed on staff wearing nylon underwear.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Now you mention it, I keep shocks everytime I open the car door. Never happened before. All my hair was standing on end when I was playing with the neighbours dog yesterday too, never happened before either.

The same thing is happening to me as well 🧐

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
everything I seem to touch at home gives me a static shock.
Audio system ouch
Turntable arm double ouch
Kitchen taps ouch

and the list goes on.

Anyone suffering the same or know the reasons why I have started to feel this.

I've noticed getting a couple of shocks from a car recently but if I was getting shocks from my kitchen taps and audio equipment inside the house... I'd be concerned! I think you'd be foolish to refuse to ask someone to look amp check it out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've been hoping for lots of electricity puns on this thread, but hardly any. Then, ohm my God - another one appears!

Resisted it, but give it a phased approach and we’ll make sure there’s not a circuit breaker in the thread and keep it fused together.

If you plug the thread we’ll keep the sparks flowing and give the board power to keep the continuity as long as don’t get our wires crossed or no one short circuits the process.

That’s the current situation as I see it.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
The Mrs was saying earlier she's been getting a lot of static shocks from stroking the cat recently. Thought she was talking bollocks as usual but the cat looked pretty pissed off so I guess it was true.

iu-11.jpeg

:)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Nylon is most often the root cause.

Tiled or wooden floors in the home and leather seats in the car sorted my problem out years ago - oh, and wear cotton socks, not nylon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here