Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Shameful Capitulation To Snowflake Social Media Angst

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Simpsons: Hank Azaria apologises for voicing Indian character Apu

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56731420

Next thing snowflakes will be only too happy to let the twitterworld know that Groundskeeper Willie is the victim of Highlander cultural misappropriation. Or that Homer is being Fat-Shamed. Or maybe just grow a pair FFS? :shrug: F*cking millenial crybabies :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
What about marge`s blue hair , shirley thats offensive to the blue rinse brigade . By the way i am only using upper case because the lower case has offended me in some vague proposterous way that i hav`nt made up yet .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In your opinion.

In his opinion he needed to apologise and has done.

Nah. Not his opinion. Victim of some wanky twitter flaming torch campaign. 99% of whom are guaranteed to be offended on somebody else's behalf that probably weren't even offended in the first place :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nah. Not his opinion. Victim of some wanky twitter flaming torch campaign. 99% of whom are guaranteed to be offended on somebody else's behalf that probably weren't even offended in the first place :shrug:

He’s not really a victim. He can just delete his account. Same principal as footballers. There really isn’t any point in the rich and famous being on social media as they just become a target.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

What campaign? In the article you posted it mentions a documentary made by an Indian-American and then goes on to talk about Azaria doing his own research, speaking to Indian people, going to seminars etc. and coming to a decision.

None of that strikes me as snowflakey, rather the actions of an adult doing his research and making a choice.

For what it's worth, I don't think he needed to apologise either. Apu is one of the best characters on the show. But I'm neither Indian nor Hank Azaria and so my opinion is irrelevant.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Never ceases to amaze me how people can get so angry about stuff which doesn't matter

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I know your NSC persona is now you trying very hard to be edgy but it would help if you had any kind of basic understanding of the topic at hand.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So you're offended on Azaria's behalf that he's had to apologise because you believe some other people demanded an apology because they were offended on behalf of a third group of people who you don't believe were offended at all and didn't want an apology, and now some other people are questioning whether the second group of people (I think) who were offended on behalf of the third group of people existed in the first place ?

Well it's obvious what the answer is. Yes, No or 42 :mad:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Aren't you getting offended on behalf of someone else? Who didn't seem to have a problem himself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here