Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shooting

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seems apart from very top players more and more shots go sailing over the bar because all looking for perfect curler into top corner. So many times seems it is crying out for player to get head over ball and blast it, I am thinking at moment of Lalana yesterday when he had loads of time and just wanted him to blast it. Bring back Lua Lua

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Welbeck was a bit slow to react a few times, once if he'd just put his foot through it he had a good chance, but by the time he thought, a defender fvwas on him. Maupay too, don't touch just shoot . . . . not always, but speed of thought and goalscoring instinct seem to be an issue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This could have gone one of two ways:-

'put you laces through it'

Or

'26 dead in US elementary school'.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I thought it was surprising that we worked what appeared a very clever free kick onto Moder's right foot from the edge of the box. A great effort but i thought he was left footed!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just seems apart from very top players more and more shots go sailing over the bar because all looking for perfect curler into top corner. So many times seems it is crying out for player to get head over ball and blast it, I am thinking at moment of Lalana yesterday when he had loads of time and just wanted him to blast it. Bring back Lua Lua

[TWEET]1381147505690169345[/TWEET]

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I like that we are mixing it up a bit. I'd be interested in stats for successfull shots from outside the box and dribbling it into the goal.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Loved Lua Lua. Not many can turn a football into a guided missile.

And then the flip.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Really? My problem is far too many players hitting piss-weak shots straight at the goalkeeper.

Our opposition are sending goalkeepers to protect row Z?

Quite smart actually.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Our strikers just dont seem to have the intelligence of knowing what type of shot to use. Whether its from range or 6 yards out our lot seem to think you've got to blast every single shot to have a chance of beating the keeper, and most of them then either end up in row Z or they scuff it completely. They seem to forget that a less powered, but nicely placed shot will also get you that goal. Save the power blasts for the edge of the area & be a bit more Muzza like when in the 6 yard box with more controlled shots. Like last nights big chance for Neal, if he had just roll that ball a yard onto his right foot (which he had time to do) he could have passed the ball into bottom corner. Instead it was a smashed shot over the bar & into the north stand. Our top goal scorers over the years like Muzza, Zamora, Forster always knew the art of when they need to be calm in front of goal & when you needed to show aggression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here