Votes: 26 21.0%
  • 2-2 vs. Burnley 2002/03 Division One

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Burnley game. I had my only experience of corporate hospitality at a football match (a static caravan with some cans of red stripe in a bucket and some petrol sation sandwiches). Extra memorable because I was sat a few seats along from Alistair Campbell who I got to admonish for his offensive language when the equaliser went in. Very satisfying (not the sandwich).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If memory serves me correctly, the News Of The World report of that Cardiff game was unintentionally hilarious because the writer hadn't looked at the league table and said that Cardiff's promotion hopes had been jolted as Brighton eased their relegation worries - somehow missing the fact that we were both in the top three.

Still voted for the Reading game, though - an absolute Withdean classic. Bobby in particular was brilliant, but everyone played well and Junior Lewis had a stormer. Arguably our best performance under Peter Taylor.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
If memory serves me correctly, the News Of The World report of that Cardiff game was unintentionally hilarious because the writer hadn't looked at the league table and said that Cardiff's promotion hopes had been jolted as Brighton eased their relegation worries - somehow missing the fact that we were both in the top three.

Still voted for the Reading game, though - an absolute Withdean classic. Bobby in particular was brilliant, but everyone played well and Junior Lewis had a stormer. Arguably our best performance under Peter Taylor.

It was Junior Lewis' performance and the build up of mist drops collectively cascading off the goal net as number three thundered in that I remember so vividly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It’s a close run thing between the Sidwell game and Leeds for me.

Sidwell was so good in that loan spell, a total breath of fresh air to us at the time. Graham Barrett who came with him from Arsenal - not so much.

But I will have to just go for Leeds. Obviously they’re the mighty Leeds etc, but beating a side who had reached the semi’s of the Champions League just 3 years previous in the stadium was really quite special at the time.

Obviously they’d had a major fall from grace already but they did still seem on a totally different level to us then with some decent players still and yet we beat them in that shitty little athletics stadium, on a miserable day which made it even sweeter. Really bringing them down to earth.

Plus I loved that team of ours in those days, a real collection of characters and 100% pro’s who punched above their weight so often like in this game but also the famous West Ham and Leicester wins. That sort of result was great and just reward for them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I voted for Cardiff but only because I was part of the NSC sponsorship group for the game. Reading was special too as that was the night we proved the chasm between them and us on the pitch. We then went on to prove we were better than them at their boring Stadio Della Clackerstick by "winning" 1-0 in the last minute, only for Hart to have his goal ruled out wrongly for offside.

They were good times though. As much as I love where we are now, those first Withdean years (the first 5 or 6 years, before it became a chore) were great times because we were so successful (relatively) on such meagre resources.

Last edited:

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Too late to vote but Cardiff for me. I flew in from the mid-Pacific for this one to join fellow NSC Sponsors Harts Shirt, Man O'Harveys, Barnet, Simster, Stumpy Tim, Lush, Mr. Putdown, Dave, Rool, Wozza, Gary and other estemmed Clique and non-Clique members as we awarded MOM to a brilliant Andy Crosby despite BZ coolly netting the winner. Slumming it in the Hospitality Suite postgame, BZ and Sir Dick Knight signed my 25 shirt and much camaraderie was enjoyed by all. As a piece of Important Trivia: Lush's NSC profile pic (the BZ Smooch) was handcrafted by yours truly that very day -- you can tell I had classes at the Maui Community College Polytechnic. "We're the dry side, we're the dry side..." Happy days. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here