Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So Webster is fit , Who misses out ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Presuming Potter brings Webster back into the team for the Chelsea match .

I'm struggling with who would make way , Veltman seems the obvious candidate but he's been excellent and it would be harsh to drop him .

Potter may sacrifice Moder and move White further forward ? or as its Chelsea even go just 1 up front .

It's a tricky one for sure , and just shows how much quality we have in our squad now .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'm struggling with who would make way , Veltman seems the obvious candidate but he's been excellent and it would be harsh to drop him .

Potter may sacrifice Moder and move White further forward ? or as its Chelsea even go just 1 up front .

It's a tricky one for sure , and just shows how much quality we have in our squad now .

No chance it would be Veltman.

He's been excellent at RCB, but if Potter does want Webster back in, then Veltman will just revert to RWB, and Groß has to compete for a place in midfield.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall

Would prefer Veltman at LWB than White further forward. Gross is more important than Moder at this stage.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Veltman is better as a wingback for me anyhow, so then probably Gross gets a rest/rotated in with Lallana and Trossard.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
White looks a fine centre back, I think he's looked poor in midfield or wingback and offers very little attacking threat

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
One of Whites best games was City away in CM .

He's not been great in midfield but in that game was class. Would be tempted to try that again.

KoreanSeagull

Dec 1, 2019
Not North
Nobody.

The defence lately have been excellent imo.

Also Gross is doing a great job in his unpreferred position meanwhile Biss and Lallana being such a nice pair in the midfield. No reason to give it a tweak.

Sent from my SM-G781N using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gross

Regular back three restored
Veltman RWB, Moder LWB
Biss and Lallana in midfield
Usual three up top

Only way that changes is if Trossard moves forward, one of Welbeck and Maupay drops to the bench and either Lallana or Gross plays #10, the other then alongside Biss

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gross

Regular back three restored
Veltman RWB, Moder LWB
Biss and Lallana in midfield
Usual three up top

Only way that changes is if Trossard moves forward, one of Welbeck and Maupay drops to the bench and either Lallana or Gross plays #10, the other then alongside Biss

Probably this. In reality, though., it's just good to have a selection issue or two again and that we've got through the period with Webster out without losing White, Dunk or Veltman to injury or suspension.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No chance it would be Veltman.

He's been excellent at RCB, but if Potter does want Webster back in, then Veltman will just revert to RWB, and Groß has to compete for a place in midfield.

Agree with this. I thought gross looked a little tired last night. Time to rest him for Chelsea and bring in a more defensive option of Veltman at RWB, with Webster returning to the defence.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nobody.

The defence lately have been excellent imo.

Also Gross is doing a great job in his unpreferred position meanwhile Biss and Lallana being such a nice pair in the midfield. No reason to give it a tweak.

Sent from my SM-G781N using Tapatalk

Gross killed our momentum in the final third several times last night because he can’t do it with his weaker foot (not his fault I appreciate), a couple of passes later and the ball is back with Sanchez, so frustrating to watch.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Gross killed our momentum in the final third several times last night because he can’t do it with his weaker foot (not his fault I appreciate), a couple of passes later and the ball is back with Sanchez, so frustrating to watch.

This.

I would put him on the bench to accommodate Webster.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I actually didn't even consider dropping Gross , Potter likes him and I can't ever recall when he had a bad game for us , but he did look like a duck out of water last night so I'll add Gross to my list .

A fit Burn also adds another headache for Potter because he likes him even more !

Mods delete this ridiculous thread , I've got a self induced migrane coming on .

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I will be amazed if Webster and burn don’t come in for gross and moder for the chelsea Match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here