Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So Webster is fit , Who misses out ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Gross

Regular back three restored
Veltman RWB, Moder LWB
Biss and Lallana in midfield
Usual three up top

Only way that changes is if Trossard moves forward, one of Welbeck and Maupay drops to the bench and either Lallana or Gross plays #10, the other then alongside Biss

Yup, this.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's likely to be Gross, but I'd drop Maupay, Moder and Veltman as wing backs, Mac/Gross as the 1 with Trossard and Welbeck up front.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is 100% a free hit, so I'd take the opportunity to rest/keep fit Lallana and Welbeck. Gross really is too slow for a wing back, as was shown up badly yesterday (although he has done a good job there in recent weeks). I'd go:

Sanchez
White Webster Dunk
Veltman Moder Bissouma Burn
Mac Allister
Maupay Trossard​

If I wanted to be really radical I might consider Zeqiri for Maupay (who's been horribly out of form lately) and Karbolik for Burn (to appease the Burn haters).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's the most logical option.

I think Gross will interchange with Lallana who I assume will get crocked and/or benefit from not playing 90 min's of every game

Normally, I'd agree, but our last seven games are well spaced out, and spread over 33 days. There's a couple of 3 games in 7/8 days in there, and it's those that Lallana probably won't last the 90. That said, he's managed it in the last three.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When Bis and Lallana go in the summer, and possibly white, that will be when the defence is shuffled I think. We have the laddie from derby coming back too

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Moder will drop to the bench I think

---------------Sanchez
--------White Dunk Webster
Gross Lallana Bissouma Veltman
----------------Trossard
------------Maupay Welbeck

scooter1

How soon is now?
Gross for me, doesn't offer much in the flow of the game, he is just there for corners
This. I suspect I’ll get flamed, but aside from the odd set piece I think Gross looks too slow for this team now. I accept what he has done, but ‘has’ feels like where it’s at. Last night he was weak in the tackle, couldn’t win a header and stopped and checked back every time he had the ball going forwards. He’s been very frustrating to watch lately, but it could be that he’s been told to play conservative.
Saying that, Everton came for a draw last night or to nick a goal on the counter. Almost always 8 or 9 behind the ball, offering very little going forward

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why do you think Lallana is going in the summer??

It wouldn’t surprise me if a better team than us come in for him. He is getting better and better and seems to have overcome his injuries.

Rodgers said some very nice things about him a while ago.

Hope not, but he does look like he is thinking a game above us at the moment

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Sanchez
White, Webster, Dunk
Veltman, Bissouma, größ, Moder,
Lallana
Trossard, Welbeck

3-4-1-2

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It wouldn’t surprise me if a better team than us come in for him. He is getting better and better and seems to have overcome his injuries.

Rodgers said some very nice things about him a while ago.

Hope not, but he does look like he is thinking a game above us at the moment

Can't see it.
He has 2 years on a contract here, very few clubs will offer him more than that and we won't be accepting offers.
It's all about his transition into the next phase of his career and he won't find a better set up than us, for that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This. I suspect I’ll get flamed, but aside from the odd set piece I think Gross looks too slow for this team now. I accept what he has done, but ‘has’ feels like where it’s at. Last night he was weak in the tackle, couldn’t win a header and stopped and checked back every time he had the ball going forwards. He’s been very frustrating to watch lately, but it could be that he’s been told to play conservative.
Saying that, Everton came for a draw last night or to nick a goal on the counter. Almost always 8 or 9 behind the ball, offering very little going forward

Gross still has great stats across the season, so I think it's harsh to consider him as on the wane.
On paper he looks like he should still be a first team regular for a while to come, but I felt similarly about Davy Propper last season.
The team is improving constantly and I wouldn't be surprised to see Pascal getting fewer minutes next season.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not a bad defence when all fit is it... Doubt there's a team outside the top 6 who could boast the quality of Lamptey, White, Dunk, Webster, Veltman, March, Burn. & to seamlessly coach more attacking players into the wing back roles when needed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can't see it.
He has 2 years on a contract here, very few clubs will offer him more than that and we won't be accepting offers.
It's all about his transition into the next phase of his career and he won't find a better set up than us, for that.

To be fair that is disingenuous of the other prem sides. How do we know we are the best set up? Perhaps our blue tinted specs say we are, but we are one of 20 clubs, all who have world class setups ( apart from our friends up the road)

If a big club comes in for him offering decent money and a chance of trophies then who would blame him.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Can't see it.

100% this. Plus he's only just put a string of games together. Hardly call that 'over his injuries' looking at his past record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here