Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Greta Thunberg: A year to change the world

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The world is ducked. It was ducked by humans. We will be ducked with it therefore. And you can’t say we weren’t warned. Billions will die, but if that’s what it takes then that can only be a good thing for the planets future. Those born this year or later, I cannot imagine the misery having to contend with because of climate change towards end of lives. As for their children,OMG! But first will come the wars over diminishing resources. The plagues, well they’re already coming thick and fast out of destroyed ecosystems. Anyway, in Sport tonight....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What has to change within a year? What happens if the change does not occur in a year?

Excellent question! Let’s just say my money’s on more ice sheets melting :)

No way the world is ever going to listen to Greta or any other Green. People will still be denying and debating when lying on the floor chocking from smoke and a lack of oxygen. Enjoy your time be my advice, because it is most definitely running out. Hate to be bringing up toddlers now. What have you done basically, bringing them into this world with the known future they’ll inherit? Too late to put the genie back in the bottle on every level though. The next few generations will rightly label us ‘the selfish generation’ Can’t say I’d blame them either.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Has anyone watched Seaspiracy on Netflix? We're literally like 20 years away from the oceans being completely dead which in turn means we die. Most of my mates are either pregnant or just had babies, madness!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Feel quite sorry for the girl. She’s clearly being manipulated to peddle someone else’s agenda.

I do believe we all have a responsibility to consciously manage the environmental impact of our lifestyle choices within reason but Mark my words climate change is going to be the next excuse to put severe restrictions on the way of life we knew.

Give it a year or two before it all kicks off max.

Of course, a girl is clearly incapable of thinking for herself. It must be manipulation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trying to save the planet from what exactly? Global warming is cyclical. There have been at least five ice ages in the earth's history and apparently we're in the middle of one now! Earth has experienced cold periods (or “ice ages”) and warm periods (“interglacials”) on roughly 100,000-year cycles for at least the last 1 million years. We aren't going to be able to change that however hard a 16 year old from Sweden might try.

And as for "close to catastrophe"? Stop your ridiculous scare-mongering.

If the earth has a problem right now it's over-population. People in certain countries need to be told that two kids is more than enough.

Is ever increasing non-degradable plastic clogging up the land and seas also cyclical?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She was under 18 when she started her campaign.
As for being lectured, you don’t like it because she knows a lot more than you do. How dare a young slip of a lass question your intellect!

Can she drive a train though? :lolol:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Too much money involved in Greta Thunberg, I think it is all very ugly and has been since day one.

The climate itself I dont know enough about to say this or that, but I do know that some people who are spending a lot of money in this movement is doing it for the wrong reasons.

Its a very dirty chain:

1. Use money for pro-climate lobbyism and create pressure on states to sell their dirty energy production
2. This political pressure "forces" states to sell their dirty energy production to the lobbyist capitalists
3. With the ever increasing need for energy, states are then forced to buy energy (for more money) from the same dirty sources they previously owned themselves

Its so much dirt in this. Just like with billionaires doing "charity", you always know that somewhere along the road there is a financial gain for them. There's no positive movement without a dark backside to it. Climate change is just one of many environmental issues, yet it gets a lot more attention than the others. What would the well-willing oligarchs of the world gain from pushing the biodiversity issue? Not a whole lot. Pushing the climate issue results in lots of cheap coal mines, which is no small deal as coal remains the second largest energy source and energy is something we all need to function in modern society.

Greta Thunberg is just a tool in this chain and I dont think she is aware. Not because she is dumb, just naive.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Has anyone watched Seaspiracy on Netflix? We're literally like 20 years away from the oceans being completely dead which in turn means we die. Most of my mates are either pregnant or just had babies, madness!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

If we've only got 20 years left as a species, I say f#ck the climate, let's have a party!!!
:rave::cheery:punk::banana::clap::flounce::bounce::rock::O:cheers::smokin::drink::vuvu:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Just quoting you chum :thumbsup:

Vicious little bully that you are.

Stop it now Mylene poppet [emoji2958]
How does not wanting a creepy odd bod to lecture me, when she has probably been on more flights in her 18 years than I have,ever amount to bullying?
Let me get back on track here, the clap started this pit bound thread about the Beeb wasting licence fee payers (not me) money on this indulged brat, I said I’m not interested. Then you and the chinless wonder pile on. Once again I’m not interested in what creepy has to say. Got it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Trying to save the planet from what exactly? Global warming is cyclical. There have been at least five ice ages in the earth's history and apparently we're in the middle of one now! Earth has experienced cold periods (or “ice ages”) and warm periods (“interglacials”) on roughly 100,000-year cycles for at least the last 1 million years. We aren't going to be able to change that however hard a 16 year old from Sweden might try.

And as for "close to catastrophe"? Stop your ridiculous scare-mongering.

If the earth has a problem right now it's over-population. People in certain countries need to be told that two kids is more than enough.

The point is it's happening now. Doesn't matter that it's cyclical.

'Stop your ridiculous scare-mongering'. Thanks for proving my point.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stop it now Mylene poppet [emoji2958]
How does not wanting a creepy odd bod to lecture me, when she has probably been on more flights in her 18 years than I have,ever amount to bullying?
Let me get back on track here, the clap started this pit bound thread about the Beeb wasting licence fee payers (not me) money on this indulged brat, I said I’m not interested. Then you and the chinless wonder pile on. Once again I’m not interested in what creepy has to say. Got it?

So not interested you're one of the most prolific posters on this thread?

You'd love it to go in the pit. To take it far away from the 95% of NSC users who are decent having any chance of seeing you bully an 18 year old girl and anyone who sticks up for her, back into your natural habitat where you and your mate can double team any poor unfortunate who dares to stumble into the pit and use a word that is longer than five letters.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

You'd love it to go in the pit. To take it far away from the 95% of NSC users who are decent having any chance of seeing you bully an 18 year old girl and anyone who sticks up for her, back into your natural habitat where you and your mate can double team any poor unfortunate who dares to stumble into the pit and use a word that is longer than five letters.

As stated before,are we assuming Gretas gender here Mylene? That is a whole new can of worms. Also, I don’t even know the creepy odd bod..how am I bullying someone I don’t know?
Stick to being the important prefect,don’t get involved.
I’ll leave this here.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
As stated before,are we assuming Gretas gender here Mylene? That is a whole new can of worms. Also, I don’t even no the creepy odd bod..how am I bullying someone I don’t know?
Stick to being the important prefect,don’t get involved.
I’ll leave this here.

Wtf? :mad: you're beyond trying to reason with.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

How can she by bullied by something she will never see?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here