Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Greta Thunberg: A year to change the world

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Let's just say "autism" then.

They like mocking foreign, autistic, teenage girls. There. That's much more acceptable.

(around 40% of autistic children have learning difficulties)

Thunberg is 18, not a child, I’m not mocking her,just don’t want to be lectured by someone who’s more than likely got a larger carbon footprint than myself. As I said earlier,if she goes on her yacht to China and lectures them she will have my undying admiration...until then..bollox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Anyone been listening to Attenborough?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Yes, and he makes me roll my eyes too.
I'm not having a pop at Greta its just that I find her irritating, its a personal thing, does not mean that I dont agree with most of what she says.
Now Ade whathisface, the black guy in the wheelchair, I could listen too all day long banging on about climate change (as i did the other night, that is where I got the coal info from)
Did you know that the sex of Green Turtles is determined by the temperature of the sand when the eggs are laid, due to the sand now being warmer than usual 90% of Turtles are hatched as females.
Conservationists are taking the eggs and putting them in cooler sand so that they come out as geezers or Green Turtles could become extinct.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thunberg is 18, not a child, I’m not mocking her,just don’t want to be lectured by someone who’s more than likely got a larger carbon footprint than myself. As I said earlier,if she goes on her yacht to China and lectures them she will have my undying admiration...until then..bollox.

Jesus christ, she's doing a huge amount to highlight a huge issue that clearly exists, the science is clear to see. The people with real power to change things are doing fvck all. You do realise she's not lecturing you directly?

Astounding that people seem genuinely offended by her. Some absolute morons in this world

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Jesus christ, she's doing a huge amount to highlight a huge issue that clearly exists, the science is clear to see. The people with real power to change things are doing fvck all. You do realise she's not lecturing you directly?

Astounding that people seem genuinely offended by her. Some absolute morons in this world

Whatever you do, don't look in the Bear Pit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Are 18 year old females not "teenage girls" then?

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
China built more than three times as much new coal power capacity as all the other countries in the world combined last year. That translates to more than one large coal plant every week. If anyone really believes we have a problem, well there it is. Switching to an electric car is not going to make one iota of difference, so run along and get steamed up about something else.

Doesn't matter though does it ? Cos climate change is cyclical and were simply in the middle of a cycle, according to you.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Let's just say "autism" then.

They like mocking foreign, autistic, teenage girls. There. That's much more acceptable.

(around 40% of autistic children have learning difficulties)

Not much - don’t understand your need for the comment in parenthesis.

Greta Thunberg ‘suffers’ from Asperger’s Syndrome and maybe that comment should be replaced with the one from the National Autistic Society’s website, (While there are similarities with autism, people with Asperger’s Syndrome have fewer problems with speaking and are often of average, or above average, intelligence.)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

She was under 18 when she started her campaign.
As for being lectured, you don’t like it because she knows a lot more than you do. How dare a young slip of a lass question your intellect!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
She was under 18 when she started her campaign.
As for being lectured, you don’t like it because she knows a lot more than you do. How dare a young slip of a lass question your intellect!

To be fair I suspect his cat questions his intellect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just watched the first one on catch-up. Probably not a lot that I didn't know already, but Greta's story is phenomenal. A simply amazing (and humbling) person. Shameful that so much of the world (including probably myself) needs a wake-up call from someone so young. And horrific the abuse she gets (and I see some of it is even emerging in this thread....you should be ashamed of yourselves).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What was the point you were trying to make, in posting this video? What was the point of the bitter youtube tw4ts who created it?

That a 16 year old autistic girl, speaking in her second language, isn't a polished professional orator?

Her replies are absolutely fine.

By christ she does great work, in getting up the noses of insecure wankers, all over the world :clap2:

Some people are just bitter that they've never done anything in their lives to change the world. Incredible brave young lady, up there with Attenborough as a positive influencer

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

As I said, I’d be mightily impressed if she sailed to China and lectured the Chinese...until then ....bollox.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Feel quite sorry for the girl. She’s clearly being manipulated to peddle someone else’s agenda.

I do believe we all have a responsibility to consciously manage the environmental impact of our lifestyle choices within reason but Mark my words climate change is going to be the next excuse to put severe restrictions on the way of life we knew.

Give it a year or two before it all kicks off max.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
As I said, I’d be mightily impressed if she sailed to China and lectured the Chinese...until then ....bollox.

:ffsparr:

'Thunberg has spoken at climate conventions in Stockholm, Helsinki, Brussels and London. She has also attended the United Nations COP24 where she addressed the Secretary-General and made a speech that went viral and was shared many million times.'

She's 18.
Yeah, 'bollox' to her. :ffsparr:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not much - don’t understand your need for the comment in parenthesis.

Greta Thunberg ‘suffers’ from Asperger’s Syndrome and maybe that comment should be replaced with the one from the National Autistic Society’s website, (While there are similarities with autism, people with Asperger’s Syndrome have fewer problems with speaking and are often of average, or above average, intelligence.)

Why have you put suffers in quotes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here