Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Greta Thunberg: A year to change the world

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
China built more than three times as much new coal power capacity as all the other countries in the world combined last year. That translates to more than one large coal plant every week. If anyone really believes we have a problem, well there it is. Switching to an electric car is not going to make one iota of difference, so run along and get steamed up about something else.
So you think the world dying isn't a big deal, but a person wearing a mask outside is?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
China built more than three times as much new coal power capacity as all the other countries in the world combined last year. That translates to more than one large coal plant every week. If anyone really believes we have a problem, well there it is. Switching to an electric car is not going to make one iota of difference, so run along and get steamed up about something else.

Unfortunately, I think you’re right on this point. It directly contradicts what you were saying about it’s not man made, it’s an ice age (?) but you have inadvertently bumbled into a truth.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Unfortunately, I think you’re right on this point. It directly contradicts what you were saying about it’s not man made, it’s an ice age (?) but you have inadvertently bumbled into a truth.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Shame she doesn’t go to China to tell them about it all.

More licence fee money wasted on this oddball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two of my 'Group of Five' arrive.

I'll await the other three.

The indications of their presence are:

Xenophobic potential
Any form of activism
Issues relating to diversity

It's almost like they are programmed, indoctrinated in some unwavering cultural and political tunnel.

These folk don't actually make me angry. I just feel a sense of suffocation, like they have never allowed themselves, or known that they have facility to allow themselves, to evaluate existence for themselves. They rally against identity politics yet strangely hang on for dear life to their own sense of belonging and its rituals.

EDIT- The third of the five has arrived now.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Two of my 'Group of Five' arrive.

I'll await the other three.

The indications of their presence are:

Xenophobic potential
Any form of activism
Issues relating to diversity

It's almost like they are programmed, indoctrinated in some unwavering cultural and political tunnel.

These folk don't actually make me angry. I just feel a sense of suffocation, like they have never allowed themselves, or known that they have facility to allow themselves, to evaluate existence for themselves. They rally against identity politics yet strangely hang on for dear life to their own sense of belonging and its rituals.

EDIT- The third of the five has arrived now.

Not 100% sure that stating China is one of, if not the worlds largest polluters is xenophobia?..
I recycle (who doesn’t) always place my litter in the bin, use public transport to get to work,if on nights I drive a car so environmentally friendly I don’t have to pay road tax, I don’t dig up Parliament Square or smash the windows of banks and I’ve never plonked a pink yacht in the middle of Oxford Circus.
Climate chais very real, most probably advanced by the industrial revolution. I know this..the world knows this, I don’t need some self important odd bod lecturing me. If the troll really wants to impress then go to China and tell them how to do things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
*Greta Thunberg goes to China*

All the right wing press and the Gammonati - "Hypocritical climate activist travels the world"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s strange how grown men find Greta Thunberg a figure of fun, but David Attenborough, who says exactly the same thing, is a national Treasure.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It’s strange how grown men find Greta Thunberg a figure of fun, but David Attenborough, who says exactly the same thing, is a national Treasure.

Strange? Or do they just like mocking foreigners with learning disabilities?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great as it is, not enough people are changing their ways!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

And Australia digs out more coal than any other country to export, and its in Queensland, right near The Great Barrier Reef, locals there deny climate change, well they would and yet the coral on TGBR is dying.
My view is that the planet has warmed up and cooled down naturally for millions of years but we are certainly accelerating the process and urgent stuff needs sorting out.
I agree with a lot, not all that Thunberg says, i just wish it wasn't her that was saying it because she is more irritating than grit in my lube.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Contradicted yourself somewhat here compared to your first post on the subject ffs

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
And Australia digs out more coal than any other country to export, and its in Queensland, right near The Great Barrier Reef, locals there deny climate change, well they would and yet the coral on TGBR is dying.
My view is that the planet has warmed up and cooled down naturally for millions of years but we are certainly accelerating the process and urgent stuff needs sorting out.
I agree with a lot, not all that Thunberg says, i just wish it wasn't her that was saying it because she is more irritating than grit in my lube.
Anyone been listening to Attenborough?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Whilst I agree with your sentiments it is important to say, IMO, that Greta Thunberg does not have a learning disability.

She finished secondary school with 14 As and 3 Bs despite repeatedly missing school.

Let's just say "autism" then.

They like mocking foreign, autistic, teenage girls. There. That's much more acceptable.

(around 40% of autistic children have learning difficulties)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here