Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Greta Thunberg: A year to change the world

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think you’ve got your figures wrong somewhere!

Most Egyptologists estimate the Pyramids took between 20 and 30 years to build with an average workforce of 20,000 making up quarrymen, transport workers, stonemasons, farmers etc. The population of Egypt in 2500BC is estimated at around 1.5 million, 20,000 would not have been an excessive proportion.

If we assume 300 workdays a year that makes a total of around 150,000,000 man days, (25 years x 300 days x 20,000).

The accepted calculation is that there are around 2,500,000 stones in the Great Pyramid - that gives a figure of around 60 man days per stone, (150,000,000/2,500,000) - a perfectly achievable rate of construction.

If we took your figures of 500,000 men, 600 years that would mean each stone took 36,000 man days to quarry and put into place!
That`s my point there not my figures , my figures stop at the weight of the pyramid 6.5mt , the height over 139m . All the rest is what is being argued by your Egyptologists , again you have to take in account where the stone came from , how they got it there and dressed it , then how they got it so high - 2.4tons average stone .

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
That`s my point there not my figures , my figures stop at the weight of the pyramid 6.5mt , the height over 139m . All the rest is what is being argued by your Egyptologists , again you have to take in account where the stone came from , how they got it there and dressed it , then how they got it so high - 2.4tons average stone .

i thought that the only really tricky bit was getting the dressed stones on and off the barges. however they did it; it's still a lot more likely than aliens larking about

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Here we go again , 500,000 is what the idiots say not me or anyone with a brain , there were not that many men available in the area at the time , remember you have to feed and water them 3 times a day ! . Look why don`t you just read Chariots of the Gods , Eric Von Daniken gives all the details of his research . As for the Great wall of China that`s not in a dirty great big desert , the stones are not uniformed or dressed and they had millions of workers ! . By the way smart arse at 2.4 tons a stone your labourer would be doing bloody brilliant to lay one every 2 months considering the great pyramid was 50 storey`s high !

von Daniken is a joke to be honest. The terrain around the Great Wall is not great for any type of build and is arguably worse than Geza. Remember that the Nile region was very fertile and a hub of civilisation at the time of the pyramids being built. The centre of civilisation in North Africa so densely populated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
von Daniken is a joke to be honest. The terrain around the Great Wall is not great for any type of build and is arguably worse than Geza. Remember that the Nile region was very fertile and a hub of civilisation at the time of the pyramids being built. The centre of civilisation in North Africa so densely populated.

I thought the same about Von Daniken but his shares have soared over the years , some of what he said is being researched seriously . As for the terrain around the the great wall of China " not great for any kind of build " what all 13, 171 miles of it ? . As for the population of the area Egypt according to [MENTION=27275]Creaky[/MENTION] had 1.5m people , take away the women and children the old and infirm that wouldn`t leave that many especially considering they had a class system .

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
i thought that the only really tricky bit was getting the dressed stones on and off the barges. however they did it; it's still a lot more likely than aliens larking about

Of course they were , havn`t you seen MIB:lolol:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Of course they were , havn`t you seen MIB:lolol:

well exactly, it is a comical notion. the aliens' extravagant journey would have to pay for itself some way, some how; arranging a few stones into a pile and then not returning for thousands of years, doesn't seem to cut the mustard :nono:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well exactly, it is a comical notion. the aliens' extravagant journey would have to pay for itself some way, some how; arranging a few stones into a pile and then not returning for thousands of years, doesn't seem to cut the mustard :nono:

they're after the gold apparently. they genetically engineered humans to mine it, when we mine loads up they'll return to collect more.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

Hey i don`t have the answers i just have my beliefs , but the Indian people`s both Asian and North American put great respect into piles of stones ...literally . But a pyramid is a bit more than just "arranging a few stones into a pile " . As for not returning for thousands of years , who said they ever left ? .

Love the Avatar

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hey i don`t have the answers i just have my beliefs , but the Indian people`s both Asian and North American put great respect into piles of stones ...literally . But a pyramid is a bit more than just "arranging a few stones into a pile " . As for not returning for thousands of years , who said they ever left ? .

Love the Avatar

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There's a lot of assertions with the alien tech theory and the pyramids;

They're perfect - they are most certainly not.
Time scales - they were built on over time, like most monuments. The finished product was not a fully formed plan when construction commenced. .
They align with astronomical features - The earth spins on an axis with a largely uniform motion, the universe expands outwards with uniform trajectory. therefore every single object on earth will at some point align with an infinite amount of celestial bodies.

Plus, and sorry to sound glib, the alien theory is simply nonsense. It just doesn't add up on any level and fails the most rudimentary of examinations.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Trying to save the planet from what exactly? Global warming is cyclical. There have been at least five ice ages in the earth's history and apparently we're in the middle of one now! Earth has experienced cold periods (or “ice ages”) and warm periods (“interglacials”) on roughly 100,000-year cycles for at least the last 1 million years. We aren't going to be able to change that however hard a 16 year old from Sweden might try.

And as for "close to catastrophe"? Stop your ridiculous scare-mongering.

If the earth has a problem right now it's over-population. People in certain countries need to be told that two kids is more than enough.

I am amazed at the number of children who are born in countries that have many people who are dying due to lack of food, this country is being critisized for cutting back on our aid,it seems that the huge debt we have taken on does not allow us to assist other countries, it seems we will be requiring assistance for some years yet.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"When haters go after your looks and differences, it means they have nowhere left to go".

Greta Thunberg.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I genuinely believe that they were built - at least with help from extraterrestrials , the perfection of the math`s involved to build something so monstrously big that aligns at a particular point at a particular given time is beyond what we can achieve now . At least when a team set out to prove they could repeat the great pyramid only on a much smaller scale they failed miserably . The great pyramid weighs 6.5 Million tons , that`s the equivalent of 65 Nimitz class aircraft carriers , to move and dress that much stone with the available labour with the needed food and water is mindnumbing even today .

Space travel is not easy to US , but we only took to the air in powered flight in 1903 , but look at how far we have come in such a short time . A race that is 1000,2000, 5000 yrs ahead of us might find it easy to the point where they can use wormholes or even create their own . We have only explored 5% of our own oceans and 65% of the planet has not been explored , so what can we know about space or it`s other occupants , i believe we have been visited many times and are still being visited . There isn`t a continent that does not have pyramids , how could they have all stumbled upon the same use ( Astronomy ) for the same design when they had never met ? .

Why? That's the question CT's can rarely ever answer.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I genuinely believe that they were built - at least with help from extraterrestrials , the perfection of the math`s involved to build something so monstrously big that aligns at a particular point at a particular given time is beyond what we can achieve now . At least when a team set out to prove they could repeat the great pyramid only on a much smaller scale they failed miserably . The great pyramid weighs 6.5 Million tons , that`s the equivalent of 65 Nimitz class aircraft carriers , to move and dress that much stone with the available labour with the needed food and water is mindnumbing even today .

Space travel is not easy to US , but we only took to the air in powered flight in 1903 , but look at how far we have come in such a short time . A race that is 1000,2000, 5000 yrs ahead of us might find it easy to the point where they can use wormholes or even create their own . We have only explored 5% of our own oceans and 65% of the planet has not been explored , so what can we know about space or it`s other occupants , i believe we have been visited many times and are still being visited . There isn`t a continent that does not have pyramids , how could they have all stumbled upon the same use ( Astronomy ) for the same design when they had never met ? .

If they had all been built around the same time you may have had a point but they were all built centuries or millennia apart. The vast majority were used as tombs and those that have any astronomical links also had links to the local celestial gods of the time.

A pyramid is not that strange as an architectural shape - cubes and rectangles are also common shapes - no one seems to think that it is any more than a coincidence that many civilisations constructed buildings using these shapes.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fire in the sky is a good film even though Hollywood has left out all the best bits of Walton`s account . Travis Walton has never changed his story , nor have the other loggers that were with him , and all passed at least 3 lie detector tests bar one who failed one because of suspected drug use .
Roswell is a lie from the beginning , a lie told by the USAAF , first it was a weather balloon then the bodies found were dummies and then it was a different balloon called project Mogul . The fact is there were over 100 witnesses from Nurses to the Undertaker who had seen the bodies , and why would you threaten the lives of witnesses if it was a weather balloon . I have read about 5 books from all angles of this incident and seen many witnesses talk about it , it happened .
A film you might find a little annoying because of the treatment of the lady involved , but it is a well documented true story of abduction is The Fourth Kind , there is actual film footage from a police cruiser used . The cruiser was parked outside the house and picked up something that gave me a heck of a shock because it is real .

I’m quite enjoying project blue book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I thought the same about Von Daniken but his shares have soared over the years , some of what he said is being researched seriously . As for the terrain around the the great wall of China " not great for any kind of build " what all 13, 171 miles of it ? . As for the population of the area Egypt according to [MENTION=27275]Creaky[/MENTION] had 1.5m people , take away the women and children the old and infirm that wouldn`t leave that many especially considering they had a class system .

The Great Wall is built on a mountain ridge because it’s a defensive wall and building it in a valley or a flat area would be biblically stupid. So in answer it was a very difficult build and cost many lives.

As for the pyramids. There was an experiment carried out which worked out that around 30k men working in shifts could have built the pyramids, which is certainly achievable from a population of 1.5m.
Researched by whom?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
As for the population of the area Egypt according to [MENTION=27275]Creaky[/MENTION] had 1.5m people , take away the women and children the old and infirm that wouldn`t leave that many especially considering they had a class system .
And what does "they had a class system" have to do with the price of porridge? Most places have class sytems. Having a class system makes it easier to get labour, not harder. The lower classes do the manual work - always and everywhere.

And here is something else you may not know. Egypt was very rich. They could afford to import labour. Look at how a rich country (the UK) has been importing labour from the Subcontinent, from the Caribbean, from Eastern Europe, for decades. For a closer comparison, look at Qatar and their imported labour. Rich countries - then and now - employ cheap foreign labour.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I decided to revive this thread, and maybe bring it back from the slightly off topic, but fascinating, discussions on alien visitations (by the way - the reason that so many different ancient civilizations built pyramids is probably not because they were shown how by aliens but more likely because it's the most stable way to make a very tall building when you haven't yet invented concrete).

Those that may have engaged with me on various political threads will know that I am no fan of this government. And I still find it very hard to trust them, given their political instincts and who they answer to.

But credit where credit is due. The new announcements on climate targets are genuinely impressive and, if taken seriously (and that's a big if based on past records), will be world leading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here