Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Greta Thunberg: A year to change the world

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Simple i learnt to look closer and not to take all things on youtube at face value , i made a mistake , but my mistake doesn`t change the facts . As i said if it is not real it does not need debunking , the fact i chose a bad example proves someone is going out of their way to prove it doesn`t work . Fact is it does and there are good examples out there .

you keep saying that, oblivious to the illogical contradiction of the statement. debunking only occurs were something is false, if it is real it cannot be debunked as there is evidence to prove that thing is true. fact is i another word you've having trouble with. fact is we have billions being invested into green energy, dispelling myths about control by fossil fuel industry, yet no one has come forward with a proven ZPE setup. i can build a wind turbine, a solar farm, heat pumps, hydro from KW to hundreds of MW, cars run on battery or hydrogen. this is the time to deploy anything new that produces energy. we hear crickets from the free-energy nuts, with the same old argument about suppression and conspiracy that secret government agents hoard the technology. truth is they do not work, dont produce useful energy, or are outright scams.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would you mind focussing your insults about her to her message rather than her autism? I have two austistic kids who receive similar childish teasing about their persona (usually from kids who don't know better rather than grown adults.)

Having a crack at someone for their message is one thing but insulting then because of who they are is poor form (and the bullying, you seem to be taking offense at being accused if).

I don't know Greta but I know enough about autism to know that there is a huge possibilty that what she does is difficult for her. The challenges that she probably faces in sharing her message with the world bcause if her autism, reason for huge amounts of admiration and respect. Personally I find it sad when people meet this with sneering derision and childish insults.

If someone with only 18 years of life experience (as someone else pointed out earlier) can overcome challenges to behave with eloquence, wit and grace, one wonders why those with more years of wisdom cannot do the same.

Disagree all you like but at least try not to have a crack at her just because her brain is wired up different to yours.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I'll refrain from suggesting what he is, but focusing on what he says....what he says is moronic.That's why I have him on ignore.

It is clear from your reply that this is a person either too lazy and stupid to find out about the young campaigner, or someone who knows about her and is so stupid and nasty he still feels it's fine to make personal comments about her. I'll settle for stupid.

All entirely true to form. What can one say? :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That`s the difference between you and me , i don`t have a problem being wrong so long as i learn something , you on the other hand have a desperate need to prove someone wrong . And your full of it , if you " wasn`t looking for an argument or discussion " you would have passed my post by without a word .
As for my statement being incorrect , no it wasn`t , and it`s so kind of you to tell me that i am entitled to believe i`m right because i do and i am :)

I don't agree with much of what you consider to be likely in the present context, but I like they way you present it. I have the other bloke on ignore. No idea why. Don't care. :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'll refrain from suggesting what he is, but focusing on what he says....what he says is moronic.That's why I have him on ignore.

It is clear from your reply that this is a person either too lazy and stupid to find out about the young campaigner, or someone who knows about her and is so stupid and nasty he still feels it's fine to make personal comments about her. I'll settle for stupid.

But to give him his due, his consistency is really quite remarkable.

There isn't a field that he is not completely moronic in :dunce:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Yeah, I probably should have just ignored him. To be honest it winds me up when people have a go at her for being 'weird' 'creepy' or any of those other lazy, thoughtless and unkind insults people use for autistic people. Totally unnecessary.

Her message is in fair alignment with David Attenborough and many others. The difference appears to me to be that we can have respectful threads about Attenborough rather than people focussing on his age, gender or neural pathways.

Some people really need to give their head's a wobble.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, I probably should have just ignored him. To be honest it winds me up when people have a go at her for being 'weird' 'creepy' or any of those other lazy, thoughtless and unkind insults people use for autistic people. Totally unnecessary.

Her message is in fair alignment with David Attenborough and many others. The difference appears to me to be that we can have respectful threads about Attenborough rather than people focussing on his age, gender or neural pathways.

Some people really need to give their head's a wobble.

Indeed.

All the best :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't agree with much of what you consider to be likely in the present context, but I like they way you present it. I have the other bloke on ignore. No idea why. Don't care. :thumbsup:

I'm a bit surprised Harry - it would be expected that you, as a scientist, would require proper evidence of claims - Tug has provided no true evidence whatsoever - just opinion - oh, and a proven hoax video.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm a bit surprised Harry - it would be expected that you, as a scientist, would require proper evidence of claims - Tug has provided no true evidence whatsoever - just opinion - oh, and a proven hoax video.

I'll explain.

For reasons I don't understand I've decided he seems like a decent bloke.

He claims no scientific training so he won't really grasp the notion of proof. In that he's not alone. But he takes the time to read about things. That's good. Like many he's allowing what he'd like to be true influence what he thinks is true. Unfortunately it takes too long to explain why some notions are false. I did have a go earlier, but for reasons I can't explain I've decided to leave it.

But I feel like sticking up for him. Funny old world :lolol: :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Very much appreciated i was starting to feel like a cream cake at a weight watchers meeting .

For the record I believe that there is life out there somewhere, over the years there have been many incidents that needed investigation relating to UFO’s and related matter.

Growing up in the seventies the papers and media were awash with weekly stories, is it me or has the volume of sighting, experience’s by folk dropped a tad?

Two such incidents that have largely gone unexplained are Roswell and more recently ( sort of) the Travis Walton incident! A great film by the way Fire in the Sky.

Don’t stop believing though mate you never know what’s round the corner, hell when I was at a Michael M*****re show sat in the stalls at Brighton Centre in 2019, had someone said in 2021 you’ll be lining up right here waiting to receive a vaccination for a World Wide Pandemic I just wouldn’t have believed it possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
For the record I believe that there is life out there somewhere, over the years there have been many incidents that needed investigation relating to UFO’s and related matter.

Growing up in the seventies the papers and media were awash with weekly stories, is it me or has the volume of sighting, experience’s by folk dropped a tad?

Two such incidents that have largely gone unexplained are Roswell and more recently ( sort of) the Travis Walton incident! A great film by the way Fire in the Sky.

Don’t stop believing though mate you never know what’s round the corner, hell when I was at a Michael M*****re show sat in the stalls at Brighton Centre in 2019, had someone said in 2021 you’ll be lining up right here waiting to receive a vaccination for a World Wide Pandemic I just wouldn’t have believed it possible.

The abduction / experiment scene in Fire in the Sky is still bloody terrifying. Very well made film.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I think it’s because we’ve largely grown up haven’t we? A century before we still had witchcraft on our books as a criminal activity. Nobody believes that shite either nowadays.

You say Roswells never been explained properly. Come off it. It’s been exhausted. And if all the answers were provided beyond someone say it is true, then they’d still be disbelieved. People need to believe in things to cope with life, whether religion or Arthur C Clark. Science has helped erode religion but still Billions hang onto their belief in other worlds. Evidence based reasoning doesn’t come into it. And whilst you can never rule anything out 100% perhaps, you can make logical deductions that are almost certainly true based on known facts. For example, the good thing about conspiracy theories is you don’t need to provide any proof...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Anyone with a eye on the history of global pandemics knows we get one about once every 100 years. Prior to Covid the last one was in 1918. So not that unbelievable that we would have another one around now.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Nice to know that you can agree with people with brains, even though you (perhaps rightly) don't claim to be one of them.

Are you saying that the interior of the pyramids was dressed rubble? And would it add strength to my arguments if I called you a rude name?

That`s what i`m saying , the pyramid is too perfect in many ways , i have said before that a New York skyscraper with it`s enormous foundations are allowed 6" of settling whereas the great pyramid on sand has only settled 1" ! . The interior with the Kings and Queens chambers are perfect as are the alignment of the shafts leading to the surface to view Orion`s belt as it was 10,000 yrs ago .
As for the rude name i felt like i was being cornered for sport , i don`t like that and i wont take it , but if you`ve taken offence i apologise .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That`s what i`m saying , the pyramid is too perfect in many ways , i have said before that a New York skyscraper with it`s enormous foundations are allowed 6" of settling whereas the great pyramid on sand has only settled 1" ! . The interior with the Kings and Queens chambers are perfect as are the alignment of the shafts leading to the surface to view Orion`s belt as it was 10,000 yrs ago .
As for the rude name i felt like i was being cornered for sport , i don`t like that and i wont take it , but if you`ve taken offence i apologise .

Who do you propose built it? And in what way is intergalactic space travel easier than getting some trig- pointing accurate?

NB. The pyramids aren’t built “on sand”, they are built on bedrock beneath the sand.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

Fire in the sky is a good film even though Hollywood has left out all the best bits of Walton`s account . Travis Walton has never changed his story , nor have the other loggers that were with him , and all passed at least 3 lie detector tests bar one who failed one because of suspected drug use .
Roswell is a lie from the beginning , a lie told by the USAAF , first it was a weather balloon then the bodies found were dummies and then it was a different balloon called project Mogul . The fact is there were over 100 witnesses from Nurses to the Undertaker who had seen the bodies , and why would you threaten the lives of witnesses if it was a weather balloon . I have read about 5 books from all angles of this incident and seen many witnesses talk about it , it happened .
A film you might find a little annoying because of the treatment of the lady involved , but it is a well documented true story of abduction is The Fourth Kind , there is actual film footage from a police cruiser used . The cruiser was parked outside the house and picked up something that gave me a heck of a shock because it is real .

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Who do you propose built it? And in what way is intergalactic space travel easier than getting some trig- pointing accurate?

NB. The pyramids aren’t built “on sand”, they are built on bedrock beneath the sand.

I genuinely believe that they were built - at least with help from extraterrestrials , the perfection of the math`s involved to build something so monstrously big that aligns at a particular point at a particular given time is beyond what we can achieve now . At least when a team set out to prove they could repeat the great pyramid only on a much smaller scale they failed miserably . The great pyramid weighs 6.5 Million tons , that`s the equivalent of 65 Nimitz class aircraft carriers , to move and dress that much stone with the available labour with the needed food and water is mindnumbing even today .

Space travel is not easy to US , but we only took to the air in powered flight in 1903 , but look at how far we have come in such a short time . A race that is 1000,2000, 5000 yrs ahead of us might find it easy to the point where they can use wormholes or even create their own . We have only explored 5% of our own oceans and 65% of the planet has not been explored , so what can we know about space or it`s other occupants , i believe we have been visited many times and are still being visited . There isn`t a continent that does not have pyramids , how could they have all stumbled upon the same use ( Astronomy ) for the same design when they had never met ? .

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
They age the pyramids and the Sphinx at around 5000 yrs old yet the experts now believe that there is proof on the Sphinx of water erosion making them at least twice that age . Take into account the stone came from 500 miles away by ships made of papyrus reeds and /or acacia wood which is very heavy itself , and the average stone weighed 2.4 tons . Most say they used rollers but the only trees near the pyramids were date trees , both very weak and one of the few food sources so hardly likely to cut them down . It has been said that nearly 500,000 slaves/workers built the great pyramid in 30 yrs , but to move dress and lay 6.4 million tons of stone has been estimated at taking nearly 600 yrs .

I think you’ve got your figures wrong somewhere!

Most Egyptologists estimate the Pyramids took between 20 and 30 years to build with an average workforce of 20,000 making up quarrymen, transport workers, stonemasons, farmers etc. The population of Egypt in 2500BC is estimated at around 1.5 million, 20,000 would not have been an excessive proportion.

If we assume 300 workdays a year that makes a total of around 150,000,000 man days, (25 years x 300 days x 20,000).

The accepted calculation is that there are around 2,500,000 stones in the Great Pyramid - that gives a figure of around 60 man days per stone, (150,000,000/2,500,000) - a perfectly achievable rate of construction.

If we took your figures of 500,000 men, 600 years that would mean each stone took 36,000 man days to quarry and put into place!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
What is all this ‘bullying ‘bollox you keep ranting on about? I don’t know her,never likely to meet her, I just think she’s a bit of an odd bod. As for the message..I get it, every sane person on the planet gets it, the world is hurtling towards a climate disaster, whipping smellys into a frenzy, digging up Parliament Square,smashing windows,parking pink yachts in Oxford Circus is not fooling anyone. These wronguns just want to cause agro.
Once again, if she goes to China and speaks to them I’ll be impressed...until then,get a life and get out of mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She’ll never go to China, not because she won’t but because the Chinese wont’t let her in. They know that she’d rip them a new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here