Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Striker

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think he'll still be available for a similar price, given the financial troubles in French football at the moment.

It just depends if other clubs go in for him too.

Was joint top scorer with Mbappe on 12 goals when people spoke about him in January. Has since only added 2 more & fallen down the top scorer leader board, so interest from others may have cooled. Had a 10 game run without a goal. 1 assist all season. I think he might have dropped from a high target to one of many.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If we can find a way to just have Maupay as an out and out poacher, I think he will score more. He can't pass and is too selfish to drop deep, so play to his strengths and just have him in the box. Problem is it will weaken other parts of the pitch.

Maupay's radar was a bit off last night (68% pass accuracy), but that was way lower than normal. The stats don't really bear out your theory that he can't pass and his chances created and crosses made also suggest that he is not too selfish to drop deep.

I'm sure there are forwards whose passing stats are better, but there's not much point comparing him with the likes of Kane & Salah because he's not a £100m+ player

NM.jpg

Always tough to know until you see the accounts (and even then its difficult) but
Sky reported these two deals as £6m and £3m
https://www.skysports.com/football/...n-polish-duo-jakub-moder-and-michal-karbownik

and The Argus scoffed at the reported £10m figure when he was signed.
"The Argus have been told the fee would be well below the 11 million euros being quoted in Poland."
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18769752.albion-reported-close-deal-jakub-moder/

The difference may be between "up front" and "add on". We had a knowledgeable Polish contributor on here recently that suggested the higher
figures were realistic in that context ( at least for Moder).

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Always tough to know until you see the accounts (and even then its difficult) but
Sky reported these two deals as £6m and £3m
https://www.skysports.com/football/...n-polish-duo-jakub-moder-and-michal-karbownik

and The Argus scoffed at the reported £10m figure when he was signed.
"The Argus have been told the fee would be well below the 11 million euros being quoted in Poland."
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18769752.albion-reported-close-deal-jakub-moder/

To be honest, I cannot remember a single transfer we've made where the Argus hasn't come out a few weeks later and said the fee was actually a lot lower than initially reported

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Get real folks, we'll sign a youngster from a random European club for £8 mil before loaning him back for 6 months. Or we might sign a female.

So why are you so anti transgender ?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'm sure the scouts are out and about. current rumours are about
Ivan Kalashnikov , 27, 6'3" ex army commando and former U15's medal winning ballerina . £2m from Athletico Monkeytennis in Moldova, scored 25 goals last season including a header which broke the keepers arm and tore the net.

him :thumbsup::thumbsup:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Batshuayi on loan. Low risk option , knows where the back of the net is. Last chance saloon for him and potter could get the best out of him.

Hasn't happened for him this season but palace are rubbish and don't serve up chances for him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I think the current climate will see prices remain high, but less transfers taking place. So it'll be hard to shift those we don't want and still face a big bill for incomers. Strangely I think we will be appealing to strikers in our supposed price range, as footballers watch premier football and our shot creation and style are perfect for anyone who thinks they can make a name for themselves. (plus Brighton's a nicer place to live than most premier options). It was hard to hear Bobby claiming if he was playing for us now he'd stay be scoring for fun. Look at the scraps we used to feed Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here