Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 33 after 31

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sheff, Dirty and Wolves are all winnable, we have a good record against WH and the Arse are inconsistent. The only ones that we'll definitely lose are Chelsea and Citeh. But I reckon we'll win at least two more and draw at least two

Yep, those three are all winnable for sure. However, we’ve won 7 out of 31 so far (22.6%); what makes you think we’ll double that win ratio in the next 7 games (if we win 3). Even two wins would represent a 25% improvement.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yep, those three are all winnable for sure. However, we’ve won 7 out of 31 so far (22.6%); what makes you think we’ll double that win ratio in the next 7 games (if we win 3). Even two wins would represent a 25% improvement.
The great news about using this method is that both Fulham and West Brom will only win 1 more game each this season.

:rock:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The great news about using this method is that both Fulham and West Brom will only win 1 more game each this season.

:rock:

Quite! The method has some flaws, I concede (!), but if you put any store in past results being any indicator of future results it has some (albeit dubious) merit!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

One positive sign is that our form in 2021 has stepped up since the first half / 2020 >>
P15 W5 D5 L5 ppg 1.33 - so 9.3 points from remaining 7
2020 form >>
P16 W2 D7 L7 ppg 0.81 - whereas 2020 form indicates 5.67 from remaining 7

Overall season forecast is 7.4points from remaining 7.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
One positive sign is that our form in 2021 has stepped up since the first half / 2020 >>
P15 W5 D5 L5 ppg 1.33 - so 9.3 points from remaining 7
2020 form >>
P16 W2 D7 L7 ppg 0.81 - whereas 2020 form indicates 5.67 from remaining 7

Overall season forecast is 7.4points from remaining 7.

How does that compare to last season . . . and dare I ask, the season before ?

ie worst case, we fall to bits, scrape some draws and end up on 36-37 points . . . . obviously barcodes and Fulham would still need 3 wins+

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
How does that compare to last season . . . and dare I ask, the season before ?

ie worst case, we fall to bits, scrape some draws and end up on 36-37 points . . . . obviously barcodes and Fulham would still need 3 wins+

See post above.
PS: Our worst ever run of form over 7 games in the premier league was a mere 2 points from 7 games twice during the tail end of Hughton's final season - so if you think thats any yardstick then thats your worst case scenario. Even then we finish on 35 which i think is just enough given our decent GD buffer. .

Game 21-27 - Defeats to Liverpool, Man Utd, Burnley, Fulham, Leicester and points v Watford and West Ham
Game 30-36 - Defeats to Southampton, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Spurs and points v Wolves and Newcastle

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
See post above.
PS: Our worst ever run of form over 7 games in the premier league was a mere 2 points from 7 games twice during the tail end of Hughton's final season - so if you think thats any yardstick then thats your worst case scenario. Even then we finish on 35 which i think is just enough given our decent GD buffer. .

Game 21-27 - Defeats to Liverpool, Man Utd, Burnley, Fulham, Leicester and points v Watford and West Ham
Game 30-36 - Defeats to Southampton, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Spurs and points v Wolves and Newcastle

Thanks for the reminder :eek:

I suppose I did ask :blush:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In those previous 3 seasons we've not managed to improve our league position over those remaining 7 games, so finishing in the same place or lower. I think it is important to come away from this season with tangible proof that we have improved, and that means at least 14th place and at least 42 points.

To do that, we have to get more production from our front three - probably upwards of 7 goals between them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whilst I don't disagree, if we are 15th or 16th on 33 points from 31 games next season and Bozza posts the same tables with an additional year, will you type the same thing again?

Progress needs to be in results next season or it's all for nought.

Not sure if you've watched/listened to the Super 6 podcast with Lallana, but I thought it was interesting him talking about how he watched games before he signed and thought he could make a difference (which he has). My defence of GP has always been that the team is playing well and creating loads of chances, but has a big issue putting those chances away. Maybe Wellbeck might have a similar impact, if he stayed/signed? Or, if not him, then another striker equivalent of Lallana (not quite sure who).

It's all very well bringing through the youth, but a bit of experience at the highest level is key. Which is, Murray apart (and until Welbeck arrived), what we've been missing up front since we arrived on Planet PL.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So essentially Graham Potter, with a better squad, is doing no better than Chris Hughton did (and in some respects can be said to be doing worse)?

And in some respects doing better. Personally, I'd rather watch this team than Hughton's (and I loved Hughton and thought his sacking was harsh)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here