Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Over 36 and not been vaccinated yet? [Aged 36 and over - see post 193]

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Although not via the NHS site, I got a text from the local GP surgery earlier today asking me to book so getting 'done' tomorrow afternoon. I'm 41 in May.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn’t seem to be accepting 41 year olds at the moment.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The NHS is today inviting all 44-year-olds in England to come forward for a vaccine. Around half a million of the age group will begin receiving a text inviting them to book a jab, with health service sources predicting that the 40- to 43-year-olds will get the call later this week.

Two thirds of people aged 45 to 49 have now been vaccinated. It coincides with the launch of a new government campaign urging younger people to take up the offer when their turn comes.

This will include the vaccine programme’s first use of TV advertising.

The “every vaccination gives us hope” campaign will also run across social media and on billboards.

Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, said: “The biggest vaccination programme in NHS history has delivered 45.5 million doses so far across the UK, and we are on track to offer a jab to all adults by the end of July. I encourage everyone who is 44 to book an appointment to get the jab.”

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Thank you Bozza. I copied (naughty I know) your post and sent it to son & daughter in the UK last night. My daughter (47) Whatsapped this morning with a smiley face and booking reference, first jab tomorrow. For info she lives in rural Suffolk. Meanwhile her 75 year old dad has his first jab this Saturday and his long suffering who is 7 months younger must wait.

I'm pleased to say things are drastically improving here in Spain, just been called for my second jab (Pfizer) this Saturday and the 'long suffering' the following Thursday.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Over 40 and not been vaccinated yet? [Aged 40-45 - see post 116]

I just managed to book my 42 year old wife a jab... it's opened up again.

We're having to travel to Eastbourne from Hove, but booked in this Friday.

Thanks. By posting this on NSC, fellow Brighton fans and their networks, including myself, have now booked a jab. I don’t mind the travel to Horsham on this occasion.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'll echo Hugo's sentiments, great news watching people update. I'm happily booked in at Crawley first thing tomorrow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NHS now allowing appointments for 42 and up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here