Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Over 36 and not been vaccinated yet? [Aged 36 and over - see post 193]

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Also worth noting that If you have had a jab organized by your doctors they only give you the first jab date and you are meant to wait for a second call or text for your next appointment for jab unlike the booking site where you can arrange both. (this is what I was told when I had mine 3 weeks ago at the mass vaccination centre in Thanet.
However, if you go online and use the national booking site, once you have entered your NHS number and DOB it gives you dates for your second appointment which is excellent as it means you can get organised well ahead of time rather than waiting and being given limited times/dates.

Stumpy Tim

47. Live in Brighton. Went on to the NHS website last night and it told me the nearest available vaccination centre to me was Crystal Palace FC! Id need a vaccine just to go there. Tried again this morning and now its telling me Epsom Racecourse is the nearest. Anybody else experienced similar?

I know plenty of people who have been sent to Crawley and Eastbourne. Brighton filled up very quickly it seems

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is it true that you can park at Churchill square car park for free if you are having you vaccine ?

https://www.sussexcommunity.nhs.uk/news/covid-19-vaccinations-brighton-centre/213610

Anyone receiving their COVID-19 vaccination at the Brighton Centre will be entitled to one hour’s free parking in the Churchill Square Orange Car Park. Please follow these instructions to claim your hour’s free parking while you have your vaccination:

Park in the orange car park (Churchill 1), which is located in Regency Road East, BN1 2RU. The vehicle height restriction is 2.13 meters
Enter the car park via lane 1 (left hand lane)
On arrival take a ticket from the car park barrier
Explain to the Churchill Square Security Officer that you are attending the Brighton Centre for a COVID-19 vaccination. You will need to provide proof of vaccination appointment for that day (showing the confirmation you have received on your phone is fine).
The security officer will then validate your ticket.
The 1 hour/60mins free parking begins from the minute you enter the car park. Any additional parking will be charged at normal rates.

That's the car park entrance near the Clock Tower.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is that the entrance just past the Weatherspoons in West Street ?

Yes mate. Mrs GB went today. Go past Family and turn left into the car park after the Weatherspoon, and then make sure you are in the very left hand side of the left hand lane. You have to park on the bottom level.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Also worth noting that If you have had a jab organized by your doctors they only give you the first jab date and you are meant to wait for a second call or text for your next appointment for jab unlike the booking site where you can arrange both. (this is what I was told when I had mine 3 weeks ago at the mass vaccination centre in Thanet.
However, if you go online and use the national booking site, once you have entered your NHS number and DOB it gives you dates for your second appointment which is excellent as it means you can get organised well ahead of time rather than waiting and being given limited times/dates.

My Mrs used the link sent by our GP (I didn't get one until I'd already booked on the national website)........when she went in for her first jab, they confirmed the date of her second then (from the look of things they were simply lifting a complete day's appointments to another date 10 weeks ahead)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
47. Live in Brighton. Went on to the NHS website last night and it told me the nearest available vaccination centre to me was Crystal Palace FC! Id need a vaccine just to go there. Tried again this morning and now its telling me Epsom Racecourse is the nearest. Anybody else experienced similar?

I know plenty of people who have been sent to Crawley and Eastbourne. Brighton filled up very quickly it seems

Text messages now being sent out to book at Brighton Racecourse for 45-50s. Good mate of mine just signed up for there having missed out on the Brighton Centre. Probably available online if you don't have a text.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Text messages now being sent out to book at Brighton Racecourse for 45-50s. Good mate of mine just signed up for there having missed out on the Brighton Centre. Probably available online if you don't have a text.

Unless it’s recently changed Brighton Racecourse was only being used for people registered with certain practices in Brighton, so different to Brighton Centre in that you had to be registered to a specific practice.
https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/...righton-and-hove-gp-led-vaccination-services/

So can ring if registered with one of those practices and not had a text (did that myself) but not if you are not at one of the named practices. Unless of course that’s changed recently.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Unless it’s recently changed Brighton Racecourse was only being used for people registered with certain practices in Brighton, so different to Brighton Centre in that you had to be registered to a specific practice.
https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/...righton-and-hove-gp-led-vaccination-services/

So can ring if registered with one of those practices and not had a text (did that myself) but not if you are not at one of the named practices. Unless of course that’s changed recently.

Fair enough, everyone I know who had a text would probably be at Portslade Health Centre.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. My mother is 1 week away from her 12 week gap expiring and no sight nor sound of a 2nd appointment from our useless surgery ( who refuse to take phone calls on vaccination to add to the misery ).

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
After being offered locations miles away, I logged in last night and got both appointments booked at the Brighton Centre, the first is next Tuesday, so it is worth trying again if you have had problems.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
After being offered locations miles away, I logged in last night and got both appointments booked at the Brighton Centre, the first is next Tuesday, so it is worth trying again if you have had problems.

MOnday, night Tue & Wed were both washouts for me, ****ed if I'm going to Croydon or Barnet for it.

logged on at 07:30 this morning and booked both @ BC in 5 minutes. :clap2::ascarf::thumbsup:

thats the bookings, not the jabs, I'm in Chi and my cars not that fast!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
MOnday, night Tue & Wed are both hair wash nights for me, ****ed if I'm going to Croydon or Barnet for it.

logged on at 07:30 this morning and booked both @ BC in 5 minutes. :clap2::ascarf::thumbsup:

thats the bookings, not the jabs, I'm in Chi and my cars not that fast!

Quite pleased I got mine at Northbourne

Oh and slight edit

Had my 2nd armful of Mr Pfizer's snake oil yesterday afternoon up here in the Norfolk wastelands. Had zero reaction to the first one back in Feb, but with the 2nd one I am aching and have the chillls. Should only last a day or so I can put up with it. Bitterly disappointed not to get a sticker on either visit :angry:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Over 40 and not been vaccinated yet?

Yes. My mother is 1 week away from her 12 week gap expiring and no sight nor sound of a 2nd appointment from our useless surgery ( who refuse to take phone calls on vaccination to add to the misery ).

I’m afraid it’s most if not all surgeries not taking calls, regretfully there are many other issues out that that need dealing with too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here